BangShifter/Forum Freak Needs Help in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShifter/Forum Freak Needs Help in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

We've got a GTO with a fragged rear end headed to Tuscaloosa, Alabama....we need a shop name to take it to.

Blulightning called me and let me know.

Anyone local have any recommendations????
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: BangShifter/Forum Freak Needs Help in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

were are still at the side of the road, waiting for AAA. Any help call us at 517 881 5381. thanks
    Living the dream!

Comment

Just talked with Buddy and Mike.....they have AAA on site, hotel rooms for the night within walking distance of a tranny shop. One of the Canadians running with 'em lost the rear on his GTO. All is well. Hope they aren't in a dry county. Nice job Brian/Bob.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Keith wish I could have been there to help you out. I hope you have found a reputable shop to get you going. We are a long way away but call me if I can help!!
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

We are in Tuscaloosa, car is at the transmission shop and we are drinking beer in the parking lot, just another da of Power Tour. We are with Blulighting, Booby and Keith.

Donna
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

You guys are the best!!!!
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              We've got a GTO with a fragged rear end headed to Tuscaloosa, Alabama....we need a shop name to take it to.

Blulightning called me and let me know.

Anyone local have any recommendations????
              Thanks Brian. Hope I didn't interrupt your Sunday. Hopefully the car will get fixed today and they can get back on the road.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

just read this and hoping you are alright. You freaks there in support, and those that aided in any way are exactly what this group of people is all about....i am proud to be a Forum Freak.
                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Found a shop near here to look at the car, place was towed to last night won't work on it, waiting for a tow to the new shop this morning. Wish us luck! Thanks for those who responded.
                  Donna
                  Williamston, MI
                  Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Hey Donna and Mike! We know how you feel sitting at a trans shop...We were lucky to wander in the one in Du Quoin and the guy actually knew about 56 Plymouths!!! Hope all goes well. Really enjoyed seeing you guys again. And thanks for checking on us in Du Quoin.

Jill
                    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

I talked with Mike and Donna this afternoon, Kieth's GTO is all fixed and headed back up to the great white north. :o
                      Living the dream!

Comment

Good Deal, Safe Travels to everyone!!!!

Comment

My Dad and I made it home without any other problems.
                          We sheared off 11 out of 12 bolts holding the ring gear on. The 12th bolt just fell out. $3.50 for the new bolts and no other major parts required. Seven entertaining hrs at the Transmission shop.
                          Mike and Donna ran with us up towards Detroit to make sure that we left the country and would not be causing anymore problems.
                          Thanks everyone for all the help and support we had a great time again this year.
                          My Dad says that if I did not beat on the car it would not break. Where is the fun in that? I took it easy on the way home, dropped my Dad off and then did a burn out going up my driveway just to let everyone know I was home
                          P.s. It is cold up here.
                          Keith

Comment

Looked a little like this

And yes..there were marks on the gear :'(
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI

Comment

Hmmmmm, I wonder how that happened?? ;)
                              I suppose they could have been over- torqued at installation......
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X