Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BangShifter/Forum Freak Needs Help in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Originally posted by One Old Goat
    My Dad says that if I did not beat on the car it would not break.
    Huh????? I dont know what he means :o

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop
      Found a shop near here to look at the car, place was towed to last night won't work on it, waiting for a tow to the new shop this morning. Wish us luck! Thanks for those who responded.
      So did you get it fixed or are you still in need of help? Any resource I have is at your disposal Mike!
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Thanks for the offer Matt. "Fixed" is a relative term, the shop reattached the ring to the carrier and the car made it home ;D Keith can now arrange to have the car repaired properly so all is good. We are fortunate the shop got us going in a day. We really wished we could have found a BS'er in the area, but it worked out

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
        Hmmmmm, I wonder how that happened?? ;)
        I suppose they could have been over- torqued at installation......
        Although I have an opinion how it happened, without all the details I could be wrong again. From what Keith told me he heard ( or should I say didn't hear) and symptoms of car, I thought he sheared the pinion itself. Turned out much better than that. Keith is home and will need at least a new ring, pinion, proper bolts and assembled correctly this time :
        Donna
        Williamston, MI
        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

OHHHHH.......I thought Keith and you and Donna were down for the count!! Alrighty then.....glad everyone made it home and there is time to get everything fixed before summer is over!!

Hey Keith if you need another carrier let me know, I have shelfs full of them and may have what you need! I also have some gear sets, but it is always better to rebuild with new in my opinion......
          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
          DW- 12,16,17
          "Stay thirsty my friends"
          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Working...
          X