suggestions for a better power tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for a better power tour

So I am sure that there are many who have constructive suggestions for the organizers of next year's PT. For example I suggest that the street address be included for all destinations. This would save us some time looking them up to plug them into our GPS units. D. Miller

Re: suggestions for a better power tour

Good one.

I love the PT, but would sure like some type of shade at all venues. I went the first 4 stops and Newton even had some A/C area, Springfield had the many buidings for shade, Qu Quoin fairgrounds had tons of tree's for shade, but that airport in Bowling Green. Stayed 45 minutes and had to go. Not sure of the other cites.

Looking forward to 2011.
    Jim T
    Supercar Collectibles
    www.Supercar1.com

Comment

I am going to put this in simple language.Springfield and Moble sucked!!!!!!!!
      Danny/Zachary
      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

It needs to come out west next year!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by millerd
          So I am sure that there are many who have constructive suggestions for the organizers of next year's PT. For example I suggest that the street address be included for all destinations. This would save us some time looking them up to plug them into our GPS units. D. Miller
          Would have saved a number of people from getting off route if it was mentioned that Mid America was on Rt 45.
          LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

NO more downtown venues! That was the biggest mess I ever saw! I suggest raceways, fairgrounds (BUT not Little Rock, stadiums and places like that. Problem with those is, probably NO shade which would be nice IF its stinkin' hot again! OR stay north and west to avoid so much miserable heat.

Comment

same with me no downtown between the pick pockets and gun shots it was not fun >

Comment

It Needs to start northwest and work its way along the border states
                Sean
                LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
                Drivin' it home!
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
                But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

They should maintain the stamp clocks later than 6:00. There is very little time left to do any site seeing unless you get a real early start. I don't have a problem with that, but not every one is an early riser. If they kept the clocks available until even 8:00, this would give people a chance to do some side trips and not rush like crazy just to punch the long hauler cards.

Comment

I see "no downtowns" has been said a couple times already. Now I'm not (not) trying to pick a fight here, but how about some explanations on why no downtowns? In Springfield the traffic was always moving coming in for me, I was parked rather quick, and there was enough shaded areas. We sat and watched the line come in, and seemed to me to move fairly well from what I saw. There's going to be a line at any venue with this many cars, so why no downtown. Just asking politely.
                    Jim T
                    Supercar Collectibles
                    www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimsc52
                      I see "no downtowns" has been said a couple times already. Now I'm not (not) trying to pick a fight here, but how about some explanations on why no downtowns? In Springfield the traffic was always moving coming in for me, I was parked rather quick, and there was enough shaded areas. We sat and watched the line come in, and seemed to me to move fairly well from what I saw. There's going to be a line at any venue with this many cars, so why no downtown. Just asking politely.

I enjoyed Springfield and I am considering going to the Route 66 Festival because of the day there on PT.

Comment

I enjoyed Springfield and I am considering going to the Route 66 Festival because of the day there on PT.
                        I've attended that 2 years ago, and it was really great. Stayed at the Hilton right in the show, for like $89 with breakfast buffet. Thinks of going this year again. That's why I kindly asked for those not wanting downtowns, to say ... why not?
                        Jim T
                        Supercar Collectibles
                        www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Springfield was fine in my opinion, seemed pretty well organized, got us thru and parked fairly quickly considering how many cars were piling in. My beef with Mobile, was the area they were trying to park me in was not very good, and I was not leaving my car full of my stuff in that ghetto neighborhood. If they are going to do events, find a safe area large enough for everyone. I agree with others who recommend that they hold a good area for those of us making the long haul, so we when we come in and can't stop off at the hotel first, don't have to leave our car parked on the fringe of the event.
                          Dannie
                          2010 Camaro SS
                          Long Haul 2010/2011
                          Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

I was not impressed with the downtown location at all. Granted we did arrive late (got lost on the way to Mid-America, that's another story) and finally got parked about 6pm. We were out on the side streets and even spectators on the side walk commented they were not impressed with the parking layout. Wrote down the streets we were close to so we could make our way back to the car later. Still had large crowds of people trying to get to different vendors and pack the stage area. Four different people asked us where the MSD trailer was, that tells me we were not alone feeling lost.

Springfield streets are strange to say the least, trying to navigate to a restaurant was another challenge. We were happy to get out of town.
                            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon
                              I am going to put this in simple language.Springfield and Moble sucked!!!!!!!!
                              Come on Danny,tell us what you really think!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
                              Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X