Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRM statement

This is from the Hot Rod site:

As most of you know, there was a horrible on-road accident during Power Tour that resulted in the loss of Jamey Anderson and the injury of his 15-year-old son.

Hot Rod has been criticized online for the lack of an announcement of the situation during the Power Tour itself. We ask those people who were upset by that to consider that our company did not have verification of the facts from the Alabama State Police until Sunday afternoon, after the Tour was over. It would have been irresponsible for us to have speculated about the facts, or to have announced a name before we were assured that the kin had been notified.

Of course we were stunned by this incident. Our company management has spoken to many of the family members and is now working to set up a system to collect donations for the family. Hot Rod will initiate that effort with a donation of its own.

An official statement can be found by clicking here: http://blogs.hotrod.com/6687198/edit...our/index.html

DF
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Re: HRM statement

Thanks for posting this Ed...I'm sure most of us will donate what we can.

Linda 8)

Comment

Thanks Ed

Comment

Very sad.... Thanks Ed & Mary..... God speed Jamey Anderson.... :'(

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
        1966 Plymouth Fury III
        2014 Dodge Ram 1500
        Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
        Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

How could someone get upset at that? It was sad enough..Instead of being upset,send some prayers..I still feel so bad about this tradgity.I didn't know Jamey,and there are hundreds of deaths every day,but he was one of us and it brings a big tear to my eyes that he is gone..God Bless his family
          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Many folks on tour wanted info now now now.

Hot Rod and their entire staff handled this tragic event with great compassion and professionalism. This accident could have happened anywhere, and to anyone, but the fact that it happened on Power Tour makes it somehow more tragic and sad to many people.

I choose instead to think that the days on Power Tour, spent with his son, were the greatest days of Jamey Anderson's life. And while it would have been far better to see him on Power Tours to come, I find comfort in knowing that if he had half as much fun as the rest of us did during PT 2010, he had the time of his life.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

THANKS CHAD THAT HELPS A LOT I JUST CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT IT
              YES IT COULD HAVE BEEN ANYONE OF US
              I FEEL WE ARE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY THAT CARE ABOUT EVERYONE OF US
              THANKS AGAIN

Comment

Working...
              X