pinks all out route 66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinks all out route 66

Well pinks came to town this past weekend at my home track of Route 66 speedway and what a total blast it was .The company that i work for sponsored the event ( Gerber Collision and Glass) so i actually was there both days and holy cow was it fun. Its the fastest field of 16 cars they have ever had on Pinks . from 1-16 only .0125 seperated the field . They were running 8.80's . Show is suppose to air sometime late august or early september . Huge crowd also. would've thought the NHRA was in town. I won't spoil it and tell you who won,but i will say very very close racing.
    Has anyone seen my fan?

Re: pinks all out route 66

That is awesome. I would love to go watch Pinks All Out.... or better yet, be in it!! The closest it has came to me was Memphis Motorsports Park last year before the track closed....
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

July 16 & 17 we are in the show at Topeka KS. Looking forward to it!!
      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

George,Are you racing in the show or just going to it? Either way,how cool...
        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

They are here in Colorado in August sometime. We went 2 years ago and it was a long, hot day. They have to stage EVERYTHING for the TV cameras! : It was fun watching the side shows in between. ;)

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by street72
            Rett, our son is racing in the program with his 91 Camaro. Pretty cool to go, even better to race, X2 better to get in the 16 or 32 how ever they decide, X20 better to win
            His car looks like this

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I've been both a spectator and competitor at Pinks. Being a competitor ruined it for me, as Rich Christiansen's dog n pony show is run half assed. The guy knows nothing about drag racing, and he's arrogant and rude when not on camera. Competitors are given a flyer with the rules to the event on it when they show up....the last rule is "Rich Christiansen reserves the right to change any of the above rules, at any time, without notice". Don't even get me started on Willy B .....

Pinks?....No thanks, don't even watch the show anymore. Why do you think Nate, Adam and Charles bailed?
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

George, that is awesome that your son is going to race in Pinks All Out, how cool!! 8) The 4 quarters that are taped to my dash may end up becoming famous.... I should have had you sign them..... LOL ;D
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Two heads two tails ;D :D ;) 8)

Comment

We went and watched Pinks last summer at Martin Speedway in Kalamazoo, had a blast. George will have to let us know how your son does and when the show will air so we can watch it.
                    Donna
                    Williamston, MI
                    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I've raced PAO twice once in denver & once in seattle. Believe it or not my buddy made the finals both times!

He made it to the final 8 in denver so I got to stand in the circle with the crew. It was the most fun I have ever had at a drag racing event.

We had the brown blown vega wagon.

Comment

Rich is the sole reason I can't watch that show.
                        Powertour off/on since 2002
                        sigpic

Comment

The best of luck to your son George. Now it's up to you to make sure his Camaro is up to the task.
                          Jim & Maureen
                          There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                          HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                            Originally posted by street72
                            Rett, our son is racing in the program with his 91 Camaro. Pretty cool to go, even better to race, X2 better to get in the 16 or 32 how ever they decide, X20 better to win
                            His car looks like this

George,Very cool.And a great shot of the wheels up in the air..Do let us know when it will air..Nothing to do with cars,but my niece will have her kitchen redone on $10,000 grand in your hand on the DIY network on July 7th at 9pm EDT..And again,it was great traveling with you and your wife on the Tour..I won't forget the good times hasseling the security guard at Talladaga...Rett
                            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Good luck to you and your son, George!! I dont follow the show for some of the above mentioned reasons, but I will watch the episode if your son is in!! WOW......I forgot all about the Quarters!!!! :D :D :D
                              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                              DW- 12,16,17
                              "Stay thirsty my friends"
                              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Working...
                              X