Pretend that your opinion matters to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pretend that your opinion matters to me

a look in the rear view mirror is not unlike being stalked by a bull gator :o
    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

so I was leaving New Orleans

heading Home alone with side trip to visit Matt Moon in South Bend, Ohio

traveling at my usual speed

and i get this sinking feeling that Darth Vader is behind me

as the Doctor of Speed

just keeps getting bigger in my real view mirror

then out of sight in front of me

loving life
      boob

What Wheels? .................................................. ..................all I EVER see is the ass end and huge rubber

Comment

Jim

I agree fully - I would gladly settle for an "H" rated tire in the correct size. The best I have found so far was an "S" or a "T". I frequently drive 90+ but not for hours on end so I guess I need to get someone to clearly articulate what they mean by "sustained".
        [/quote]

every time i see you, you come by me, at minimum, the speed of sound. i would classify you in the "substained" hi speed catagory. : ;D
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
          Originally posted by cstmwgn
          I have started researching the offerings for rear disk kits. My requirements include vented rotors and e-brake. Wilwood told me to call back in a month as they might have something available around then that would work with 15" rims. My what a tangled web I weave.
          Allen, I have a Ford Explorer rear disc set up for big ford end 9" from Currie for my Trans Am, the kit comes with park brake drum in hat type rotor. Less money than the Willwood but not as cool looking.
          One thing to consider with the explorer brakes, a few people I know that run them have complained about too much braking in the rear with them so I was a little leary of using them myself. With the additional weight in the rear of the wagon (I'm about 100 pounds heavier in back) I can really use the extra braking back there. I'm using a 15" wheel with mine.

Comment

Leon, doesn't willwood or SSB make adjustable proportioning valves?
            Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Most of the proportioning valves regulate how much pressure is applied when you hit the pedal. If you keep your foot on the pedal the pressure then equalizes and the full pressure is then at the wheel. These valves slow down the rate of pressure build so an axle gets more or less braking initially. the best way to regulate braking is to change the diameter of the pistons in the various parts of the system. Think of a nozzle on the end of a hose. If the nozzle is closed down, the water will flow slowly, but close the end of it off with a pressure gauge and the gauge will rise to the same reading as if the nozzle was wide open, it will just take longer to reach that pressure.
              Explorer brakes were designed for a heavier vehicle, and putting them on a light street rod can be way too much, but put them on a heavier vehicle and you can have a very good brake. On the back of a heavier car they're great.

Comment

Working...
              X