Collector Car Appreciation Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collector Car Appreciation Day

Just thought I'd spread the word that I received an email from Rushforth Wheels explaining that July had one more reason to celebrate. If July 4th isn't enough reason to celebrate, and don't you think it ought to be, the U.S. Senate recently passed a resolution declaring July 9, 2010 Collector Car Appreciation Day!!!

So this Friday, take the time out to drive that classic to work, for a cruise, to a show, or to a local drive in for some root beer floats with Family. I can promise you that I'll be taking the 67 to work instead of the IROC..... ;)
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Re: Collector Car Appreciation Day

??? ??? I am just beside myself .Whats next a day off from work ??? ???
    Danny/Zachary
    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Friday off work sounds good, I have been fired for the day. The official name is "Furlough Day". Whatever you call it I am not going to work on Friday, only wish I would be paid for it.
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

I always have Friday "day" off as I work 3rd shift! :D Anyway... dug out the hemi Cuda this week and got it "de-stored" after 12 years, and it fired right up! Might take it to Bunker Hill dragstrip Friday night for test and tune. I think Tina is taking the Judge to work Friday.
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge
          I always have Friday "day" off as I work 3rd shift! :D Anyway... dug out the hemi Cuda this week and got it "de-stored" after 12 years, and it fired right up! Might take it to Bunker Hill dragstrip Friday night for test and tune. I think Tina is taking the Judge to work Friday.
          Hemi Cuda.......Pictures please........On the track too!!
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Man, I only wish I had this Friday off.... . I'm just physched that I'll be driving the 67 to work. Give the IROC a break since I'm gonna have to invest some money and give her some love in a week or two.... ;)
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Collector Car DAY? I have been celebrating all week. ;D Drove the Corsa to work on Tues, '65 Impy (that you all know and love) yesterday and the '95 Imp today. The weatherman is calling for rain tomorrow but I'll still drive the van. Get those old cars out on the road and drive them.
              Non-denominational car nut.
              Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
              Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                Originally posted by RAIV70Judge
                Hemi Cuda.......Pictures please........On the track too!!

You got it George!! As soon as the server here is working properly, I'll get some pics up of the Cuda. Its a 70' 4 gear with the elephant 426! Ive owned it for close to 15 years now. I did some trading with my old 41' Willys coupe to get the Cuda, and it was well worth it. It has some very,very minor rear wheel well opening cancer, but only has 92'000 miles. Probably my favorite toy to own and a great retirement investment.
                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Drove the Chevelle to work today. Just hope I get to stay at the shop and don't need to make a service call. That might upset the owner. Already did one burnout in the parking lot.

Comment

Well I drove Jade into work today and she ran like a champ. I was up till about 1:30 or so waxing and cleaning her. I found out that my shifter had come lose and one bolt was laying inside my console, so I fixed that. I also hope that I fixed my small oil leak. Most of the bolts on my oil pan had worked their way lose, so they are now tightened.

Other than that, it was a beautiful drive into work this morning at 6:30. TGIF!!!
                    sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Been chasing all over with the 84 this week.
                      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

We drove the Vette to work yesterday!!

Bucky, Glad you found the loose shifter bolt. Was it one of the bolts that attach the stick like I said?
                        Jim & Maureen
                        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed
                          We drove the Vette to work yesterday!!

Bucky, Glad you found the loose shifter bolt. Was it one of the bolts that attach the stick like I said?
                          It sure was Jim. The top bolt actually fell out and was laying on my carpet next to the console. I'm still fine tuning the carb and playing with the timing just a tad. As of now, I have the initial timing set at 13 degrees and the motor is pulling 11 inches of vacum at idle. The AC Delco 44 plugs that I just installed looked a tad bit greyish/white after wide open throttle, so I up the secondary jets by one size. I plan to run her tomorrow and see how she runs...
                          sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

I dug the wagon out and drove it for the first time in almost 2 years. With all the stuff I had going on with my father, the car got stuck in the garage and left.

Comment

Cuda's water pump said "C-YA" after about 30 miles of driving around the area, so it never made it to the drag strip. We drove the Judge though and got rained out before I even got it on the track! Oh well......still had a blast!!
                              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                              DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Working...
                              X