*Official* 2011 HRPT Freaks Hotel List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *Official* 2011 HRPT Freaks Hotel List

I've got a room in Daphne for 3 nights, got it before they run out of government rate rooms. We'll have to hit Lambert's again for dinner!

Comment

Well....if we start in Mobile, then I'm in at the HEI in Daphne.....second stop at Montgomery Motorsports Park?....if so, I'm looking at Prattville, AL, just a little north and west, and at a HEI in Montgomery, about 10 min away.....looks decent, don't know anything about Montgomery, AL.....hope some Alabama folks jump in with ideas and opinions.......rexx

Comment

hummm the hotel in town was Holiday Inn Mobile Downtown Historic District , the big round one.

I figured it would be like the 1st hotel we stayed at in Newton, right up the street from all the things going one.

get there, park, walk & party just my .02 worth

I had some time to kill so I thought I would look around. I've got to find a new hobby.
        also looked up Montgomery Motorsports Park
        & found that Holiday Inn Express? hotel in Montgomery, Alabama was reasonable & you get breakfast..

Again just my .02 worth. I'll follow there herd when it is time.

So. Central PA
        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Any linky to Mobile being Official?
          LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Sounds like two days of pure sweating instead of just one and a half..Get those A/C's going..
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Jesse and I

are in at HEI Daphne friday & saturday

willing to change but this was nice, safe hotel

but pool was to Hot to swim in

boob

Comment

Bob - you sure that was the pool? :o

Comment

Originally posted by george1861
                  Any linky to Mobile being Official?
                  Nope , I was just bored :-[ & looked around the area from the post above.
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Starting in Mobile this time? I was poking around on the boards, we were at the "host" hotel which was really nice, but being right on the bay, the food there was $$$$$$$$$$$ and well...I'm a microtel inn kinda guy.

Still waiting to jump in as of yet. Anyone wanna give me a heads up thus far? I'm still thinking of doing the LH, but damn, I just ain't feeling Detroit. I get visions of the Kentucky Fried Movie.
                    {Evil head ninja warlord guy}
                    "Send him...TO DETROIT! HA HA HA"
                    Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                      Note to self. Pack extra magazines for the G20 and the flak jacket ;).
                      [shaking head}
                      Damn Matt. Nice. I lack the skills to shot, unless I am sitting playing Halo, and even then I am sucktacular.
                      Growing up, 12 guage shotguns and squirls. Hunting, I got the gun pass revoked by the old man, because I could not walk and hold a gun without tripping on something and ramming mud and snow in the barrel of my rifle.
                      Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Andrew, Detroit was pretty nice last year. The roads suck but the hotels and venue were good.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                          Andrew, Detroit was pretty nice last year. The roads suck but the hotels and venue were good.
                          OK, let me reflect - How long did it take to get into the venue? I think we need to ask Ron about that part. I will admit I was grateful that the first driveway off the freeway led to a nice bathroom. The grounds of the event were nice - too bad we weren't smart enough to stop and park under the trees and ended up in that lovely parking lot. I was glad to see the razor wire around the dumpsters as you sure wouldn't want anyone stealing the garbage from the hotel. Let's not even talk about the on-site restaurant! How about them STUPID turn right to go left thingies.

Now the good points - they provided us with good hoses and a nice place to wash our cars, the beer was cold and most importantly, good company was prevalent.

Comment

Bob-
                            Point taken.
                            Here's the flip, I have a stupid complex about large cities {especially some place with a rep like Detroit} and have a tendancy to get worked up over nothing.
                            Ask my wife about my first trip to Chicago. :o Never going to the south side. Ever. Again. ;D When the cops go, "Turn around, and don't be around after dark..." : :o

Anyways, I need to get signed up yet, and get with the show. At least this year, I won't have to drop $5k to get ready for the spectacle of Powertour...
                            Andrew

Comment

Re: *Official* 2011 HRPT Freaks Hotel List - UPDATED 9-8-10

Ok gang, bear with me please. Based on the chatter so far I have done some checking into rates and availability at Holiday Inns and HI Expresses. Here's what I've booked so far.

June 3-4 ................Tracey and I are staying at the HIE in Daphne June 3rd and 4th, leaving the morning of Sunday June 5th. The rates are $ 89.10 plus tax and their phone number is 251-621-1223. This is the hotel many of us stayed at last year and it was very nice.

June 5 ................... We've got reservations at the HI Express in Montgomery. Their address is 4273 Troy Highway, Montgomery 36116. The rates are in the $ 82-85 dollar range depending on double or king beds. BUT, If you book before the end of October the rate will be only 72.00 plus tax ! That is a deal any way you slice it. Their phone number is 334-288-8844.

As always, These rates do not reflect any discounts you may be eligible for like AAA or HI Priority Club. I have advised both hotels about our group and they are anticipating your calls. Please mention our group name ( BangShift ) when booking.

I am well aware that we are very early and things could change. BUT... I have made these arrangements now and can cancel them later if it doesn't work out. If you are interested in booking early like we are, there's the info you need. We have maintained our Eleven Mile Rd booking in Detroit as well.

Be safe and see you all soon. Dean

Comment

Re: *Official* 2011 HRPT Freaks Hotel List - UPDATED 9-8-10

in Montgomery, I'm in at a HEI on Boyd Cooper Parkway......lots of hotels there, looks like....near to a large mall....still looking, though, at Prattville, AL....assuming the tour goes there ???? rexx

Comment

Working...
                                X