Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Official* 2011 HRPT Freaks Hotel List

I think I'm first :o

I have officially booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Warren, Michigan. It's directly across from the GM Tech Center and a short drive from the Metro Beach area. I have it on pretty good authority that this hotel will be one of the host hotels for the event.

Here's the info - 11500 ELEVEN MILE ROAD, WARREN, MICHIGAN 48089
    Phone - 1-586-754- 9700 or Fax: 1-586-7540376

Rates are $ 85.00 per night plus tax

Here's the link to the website - http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...ex/hoteldetail

I know it's early but ... don't make me stay by myself. Book your rooms freaks. Let's take this hotel over ! ;D

Dean

Re: Sort of official 2011 HRPT Freaks hotel list........

Made the reservation. A different HI from last time which was 30000 Van Dyke I believe? Make sure the CC you use expires after the check in date. Also, just a thought, do we want to start a private Hotel list to keep out the stalkers so it would be BS people only specific?
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
      Made the reservation. A different HI from last time which was 30000 Van Dyke I believe? Make sure the CC you use expires after the check in date. Also, just a thought, do we want to start a private Hotel list to keep out the stalkers so it would be BS people only specific?
      I like that idea.
      HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

A private list would be a good thing. In fact some of us talked about making the phone/email contact list more difficult to gain access to as well. How's this for an idea ?

Those of us already on the contact info list shall remain on said list. BUT, those who would like to be added to the contact list as an iformation recipient will need one of us to sponsor them. That should keep out any ne'r-do-well who would join us at the last minute, gleen the information and rob our houses while we are away on tour.

I promise I'll do better at collecting and distributing the info this time

I'm open to suggestions gang. What are your thoughts ?

Dean

Comment

BangShifter hotel list would work for me....

Comment

I am all for that Dean...but I will be truthful, PT, among other things have taken...a hell of a toll on us right now.
            :-[
            Next year, if I can't get stuff figured out, I truly am going to be flying solo, period.

Anyways, will try to keep tabs on stuff, but for a while I may not be very active around here.
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I'm in for a hotel list, and I booked at the same hotel earlier Dean. Hope all works out for you Andrew!!
              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
              DW- 12,16,17
              "Stay thirsty my friends"
              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Dang, I guess I have to book that hotel as well. What dates did ya'll book that hotel for? And I'm completely in concurrence with a BS Hotel list. I only met a handful of everyone this year, and next year promises to be bigger and better. I may be flying solo as well, but I'll be there with the 67 Camaro rock and rolling keeping the tires spinning and the beavers grinning..... 8)
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

I already started my HRPT 2011 Folder on my Browser

This way I can find what I'm looking for.... well sometimes

Bonnier LLC is an outdoor adventure company that fuels passion for fishing, boating, sailing, motorsports, hunting and travel.

Bonnier LLC is an outdoor adventure company that fuels passion for fishing, boating, sailing, motorsports, hunting and travel.
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Holy Bananas guys, its like 47 weeks away yet.................OK let me know whats happening 8)
                    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by RSRXION
                      I think I'm first :o

I have officially booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Warren, Michigan. It's directly across from the GM Tech Center and a short drive from the Metro Beach area. I have it on pretty good authority that this hotel will be one of the host hotels for the event.

Here's the info - 11500 ELEVEN MILE ROAD, WARREN, MICHIGAN 48089
                      Phone - 1-586-754- 9700 or Fax: 1-586-7540376

Rates are $ 85.00 per night plus tax

Here's the link to the website - http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...ex/hoteldetail

I know it's early but ... don't make me stay by myself. Book your rooms freaks. Let's take this hotel over ! ;D

Dean
                      actually, I had rooms there and at the HI on Van Dyke (the HI is at 30000 Van Dyke, across the street from the GM Tech Center (30001 Van Dyke; the HIE on Eleven Mile Road looked like a good one, about 5 min south); anyway, that's the year GM canceled the venue at the Tech Center and HR moved it to Metro Beach Metropark, so a bunch of us went over to a hotel in Roseville, MI, just south of that venue.....I would be interested to see what venue they use up there in 2011.....rexx

Comment

What are the June dates for Friday and Saturday 2011

thanks
                        bob

Comment

I booked my room for the night of Friday, June 10th. That's my 49th birthday and mine and my wifes 22nd anniversary. I'm expecting something extra special out of the blue cooler that night. ;D

As for my source of information... I have a friend within GM who is keeping his ear to the ground for us. Initial plans are the tech center area but they may move to the beach because of the volume of cars. I asked him to inquire about a cruise on Woodward Avenue for a grand finale.

I also got a less than subtle hint from the clerk at the HIE where we booked. He asked me if I was coming with a group and when I said "sort of" and mentioned the HRPT, he said "oh yeah". I was then asked if I wanted to wait and book through the Family Events block of rooms. I declined to wait and booked the room.

I'm excited already, Dean

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                            What are the June dates for Friday and Saturday 2011

thanks
                            bob
                            Friday, June 10, Saturday (long haul stuff), June 11......rexx

Comment

Ok, I'm booked for Friday and Saturday nights. ;D
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X