2011 HRPT "ROAD RESCUE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 HRPT "ROAD RESCUE"

i'm in for 2011 THATS A DEFINATE! that answers the question i heard alot on the last 3 days of the power tour last year "would you do it again....seeing now how busy you are?"

Re: 2011 HRPT "ROAD RESCUE"

We didn't meet this year, but good to hear you'll be with us next year.

Comment

Hey Bull, you need to setup a paypal account for donations, i for one will put in some cash ;)

Comment

Glad to hear it Bull. While we didn't need you this year, it was reassuring knowing you were a phone call away. You did stop and offer assistance to us , but we had the situation in hand, thanks for the pretzels!
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
          Hey Bull, you need to setup a paypal account for donations, i for one will put in some cash ;)
          Us too!
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

If you are going, I guess I will have to go too. Can't have you puttin in a full day of work, without feedin ya off the MotorHead Grill ! Next year may end up being less food, and more beer. Can you fix a broken leg on a crashed fold out chair?

Geez I hope next year I don't have a mechanical issue like last year. That trans repair about kicked all our asses. Sure glad you were there to lend a hand . . . and canopy.

Still thankful DTB
            DTB - RETIRED

Comment

it wouldnt be any fun if i was profitting from it.....it would be just like another day at my work! a cold one,a high five, and the sincere thank you's are plenty enough for me.
              remember.... i was "jeff the beer drinker" before i was "bull" so stay thirsty my friends.

Comment

Bull,

Do you do side jobs throughout the year ? I broke a right side exhaust manifold on my 351 Cleveland. Unfortunately it's a 4 barrel variety and they are hard to find. I've bought a replacement that is undamaged but if you are interested in repairing this broken one, I'll gladly pay you to do it.

I echo the others in saying it was a pleasure to meet you and a comfort to have you along on the tour. Fortunately we didn't need you but there were plenty who did. I'll bet there were several folks who had never even heard of Bangshift until they ran into you, and you certainly represented the spirit of hot rodding very well.

Thanks a bunch and see you in 10 months and two weeks..... or so.

Dean

Comment

Hey there Bull.....I was looking for you in Bowling Green when I ripped the shock mount off the Judge and broke the shock. I was able to get it back together and then...........no more than 3 minutes later you showed up at the hotel parking lot!!! :D :D :D It is good to know there is someone out there to help if needed, look forward to seeing you in June!!
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by RSRXION
                    Bull,

Do you do side jobs throughout the year ? I broke a right side exhaust manifold on my 351 Cleveland. Unfortunately it's a 4 barrel variety and they are hard to find. I've bought a replacement that is undamaged but if you are interested in repairing this broken one, I'll gladly pay you to do it.

I echo the others in saying it was a pleasure to meet you and a comfort to have you along on the tour. Fortunately we didn't need you but there were plenty who did. I'll bet there were several folks who had never even heard of Bangshift until they ran into you, and you certainly represented the spirit of hot rodding very well.

Thanks a bunch and see you in 10 months and two weeks..... or so.

Dean
                    dean,
                    IS THE MANIFOLD CAST? whats it made of? i have some nickel rods if its cast if you still need it repaired i'll give you an address to send it to me i think i can stick it back together for you.
                    bull

Comment

Hi Bull-
                      I seen you running around. Cool deal man, good to hear about next year.

I was talking with Dean about this, and they are cast. I have aspare set for him as well, from what I was told, I don't know alot but I was told to just v notch the cracks, drill a clean hole at the end of each crack, heat the manifold up in an oven if possible to around 450 degrees, the blast to rose red with a rosebud torch and then braze with a high silicon bronze rod. I am fuzzy on this, but I had a set of manifolds I sold for a cobrajet 351c to a local guy when I sold a spare 351c CJ setup, and this is how it was explained to me for the cast iron Ford used on the manifolds.

Dean, I still got to get the set blasted for ya man!
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

silicone bronze works great but be prepared to shell out the bucks for those filler rods.
                        thats why i go the Ni rods route. works good without the added cost.
                        remember to post heat dont let it cool right back to ambient thats like pouring water on the weld.

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge
                          Hey there Bull.....I was looking for you in Bowling Green when I ripped the shock mount off the Judge and broke the shock. I was able to get it back together and then...........no more than 3 minutes later you showed up at the hotel parking lot!!! :D :D :D It is good to know there is someone out there to help if needed, look forward to seeing you in June!!
                          hell i thought that only happened to me.....Bull got my broken bolt out and got us fixed up....
                          i sure hope to go next year....woman keeps telling me otherwise...but i think i will be there....

Comment

Working...
                          X