HRM October 2010 Issue !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRM October 2010 Issue !!!

I just got the October 2010 issue of Hot Rod Magazine with the Power Tour article.
    Now time to sit down and enjoy some reading and trying to spot my friends in the pics.
    ;D

Anybody else get their copy yet ?

Re: HRM October 2010 Issue !!!

Mine came today. Is there any site where there is a hi resolution photo on the USS Alabama? I can't see myself in the photo..

Comment

Which side of the ship did they take the photo from ? Initially they said they were going to take it from the water side but I heard they changed.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Phil, almost directly towards the bow, and a little starboard side. About the 1:00 position if you're facing the bow.
        "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Is the bow the back of the boat? :-[

It appears it was taken more from the waterline so unless you were in the front row on one of the various decks it might be hard to spot yourself.

Comment

I didn't get mine yet but I know for a fact I'm not in the Long Hauler picture.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Didn't get the home issue yet so I bought one at a store today.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

That's the boat they took the photo from, just off the bow (front of the boat).
                Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

They had the photographer on the pier that stuck out in front of the ship.

Comment

Ok... here then.

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                    www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                      Phil, almost directly towards the bow, and a little starboard side. About the 1:00 position if you're facing the bow.
                      I was the short, sweaty guy over here on the starboard side taking this picture.

John (Father) and Mark (son) - I bumped into them almost every day - nicest guys in the world.
                      Driving a green on green on green Skylark convertible. Sure wish I had their e-mail address to send them this picture, they were from the Atlanta area I believe.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Oldlar
                        Mine came today. Is there any site where there is a hi resolution photo on the USS Alabama? I can't see myself in the photo..
                        It is suppose to be on the HR Web site but i can only find the 2009 pic. As soon as I find the link, I'll post it (or anyone else) please post it.

There are other USS Alabama pics here

I found a pic of me here, I'm taking a pictures as they were taking a picture. Right next to Phil & the guy in the Hawaiian shirt LOL
                        So. Central PA
                        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Any mention of a route?

Hope Bull got in a pic, he sure earned it eh.

DTB
                          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo
                            Originally posted by Oldlar
                            It is suppose to be on the HR Web site but i can only find the 2009 pic. As soon as I find the link, I'll post it (or anyone else) please post it.

There are other USS Alabama pics here

I found a pic of me here, I'm taking a pictures as they were taking a picture. Right next to Phil & the guy in the Hawaiian shirt LOL
                            Here's you Bill next to Mary Stringer - to the left of the guy in the orange shirt....
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I got mine! Quickly flipping through I found the other truck I traveled with (the mint green '66 Chevy on pg.58). I'm sooo ready for next year!
                              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Working...
                              X