Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSRXION - for clarification

Brothers and sisters,

I've received a few inquiries regarding my screen name and Arkansas license plate of RSRXION. What does it say and what does it mean ? RSRXION is the way I chose to spell "resurrection". Not because I was trying to be cute, because Arkansas limits us to 7 characters on a plate. I chose the name RSRXION as a tribute to the restoration of my beloved Mach 1. This old car was brought back from the dead and it was truly a resurrection.

Others have drawn the link between resurrection and Christian beliefs. If you are a person of faith ( as we are ), I'm certainly OK with that conclusion. It was not originally my intent to espouse my religious upbringing and beliefs, it's just the way it worked out.

So there you have it. RSRXION is pronounced "resurrection".

Thanks, Dean

Re: RSRXION - for clarification

I always took it as Resurrecting a vehicle myself Dean but it can work both ways I guess. Take care man.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Oh cool. 8) I never think of cool names like that. ???
      When people ask what I'm doing to my car, I want to say overhauled, or rebuilt or making it cooler than it was.
      I was never good at complex abbreviations ha ha . The X always throws me off
      So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Dean.....Buddy.....I have to admit, when I first read the name "RSRXION" I found myself asking " What is a RSR Xion?" I felt really stupid after meeting you and your wife and you telling us of the story behind the name. It fits well! Besides I couldnt imagine anyone bringing a Xion on Power Tour, but I guess stranger things have happened!??!?!?
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Matt, if I ever bring a Xion ( Scion ) on HRPT it will be powered by a big block Ford ! :o No wait, if I ever bring a Scion on tour at all... I hope the rest of you will drag me down to the cooler and drink some sense into me.

Dean

Comment

Thank you for clearing that up.
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
            X