Lightning Fest 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning Fest 7

Welcome to Lightning Fest 7, held at the Kansas City International Raceway. Note the small BS sticker on the lower left of the sign. Probably won't be there tomorrow.....

Relaxing a bit before qualifying.

Blake, ready to roll.

In the staging lanes.

Warming 'em up.

An excellent launch.

Not a bad run at all. Well qualified here.

Blake and proud papa, Ray.

We had a fabulous day catching up on all the news, enjoying the racing, and evening BBQ. Tomorrow the eliminations run, so more to follow. Ray, Blake, and Anna Lee are as great as ever. I gotta say, if the Power Tour does anything well, it creates valuable, enduring friendships with quality people.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Re: Lightning Fest 7

Good pictures. Nice to see the yellow truck run.

Comment

WHO DAT???
      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

AWESOME!!!! Go get em Blake. Great to see photos, thanks Ed.
        200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
        Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Good deal! Glad to see everyone is doing well.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Ed, Glad to see you made lightning fest. Ray said you might meet up. Thanks for posting pics.

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
            Ray, Blake, and Anna Lee are as great as ever. I gotta say, if the Power Tour does anything well, it creates valuable, enduring friendships with quality people.
            Amen, well said Ed
            Donna
            Williamston, MI
            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

That's almost home for me.... Makes me miss Kansas City just a tad. Thanks for sharing the pictures Ed.
              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
              - George Orwell

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Ed.

Great qualifying Blake, good luck today! :-*

Linda 8)

Comment

Thanks for the update Ed.

I am glad to see Blake's truck is running good.

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop
                    Ed, Glad to see you made lightning fest. Ray said you might meet up. Thanks for posting pics.

Ray, Blake, and Anna Lee are as great as ever. I gotta say, if the Power Tour does anything well, it creates valuable, enduring friendships with quality people.
                    Amen, well said Ed
                    I've gotta agree, my PT friends are nearer and dearer to my heart than my local friends. And I'm willing to bet they would do more in case of need if asked!
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                      Originally posted by redragtop

Amen, well said Ed
                      I've gotta agree, my PT friends are nearer and dearer to my heart than my local friends. And I'm willing to bet they would do more in case of need if asked!
                      I totally agree Matt, thought the same way for years now! Love all you guys and gals! :-*

Linda 8)

Comment

Elimination day at Lightning Fest 7..and the BS sticker is still there..... ;D

Yet another check of everything.

Another good pass. with really consistent times.

We all had a blast watching Blake eliminate two of his "fiercest competitors". but he'll have to fill you in on the rest of the story there. I have a couple of passes filmed in MPEG format, but I gotta learn how to upload them. I'll post the links when I figure that out.
                        Great day of racing; hot weather, light winds, some super passes, enjoyed a little Cajun food, and fabulous examples of racers helping racers. Not to mention time with Ray and the family.
                        More to come, as "The Tonight" show used to say...........
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Man,,,,,,,,,I miss you guys! Thanks for posting the pics Ed. ;D
                          Living the dream!

Comment

It's my pleasure to share the experience!

I think I've got the videos:

2nd Round:

Round 3:

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Nice!!!! Thanks Ed!! Lookin good Blake!
                              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Working...
                              X