X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68_GS_400
    replied
    Re: everyone OK in Georgia

Just to let all know Jim and I had no problems at our homes. Thanks for thinking of us. Yep, we were just getting on ship when it happened.

My daughter is college student and was attending a conference in one of the downtown hotels during the storm. They were meeting in basement of hotel and didn't know anything was happening outside until they broke up. The students walked to close by restaurant then picked up debris on way back to hotel. Glass, insulation and metal everywhere. Thankfully, their rooms were ok.

Another daughter works at local credit uinon. One of the people killed on Saturday was member of her CU. His wife begged him to leave home but he wouldn't follow her to daughter's home. That's sad.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

he's just comming out of the closet now.
    Like no one knew before. ;D

Leave a comment:

• 64fairlane
    replied

he's just comming out of the closet now.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

Hey 64, I've seen you race. You race like Kasey Kahne, always hitting the wall. :D
    Perhaps Kasey is getting paid in product by his new sponsor :
    He sure dances gayly on the new commericals :'(

Leave a comment:

• 64fairlane
    replied

you're just jelous

Leave a comment:

• 68CHEVELLE
    replied

Hey 64, I've seen you race. You race like Kasey Kahne, always hitting the wall. :D

Leave a comment:

• 68CHEVELLE
    replied

wow 64 your my hero . the great bill elliot ;D

Leave a comment:

• 64fairlane
    replied

I grew up about 3 miles from the shop in the 80's
    and also raced with him on one of the local dirt tracks.

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

I'm in dawsonville ga north of atlanta we got alot wind and rain but nothing like they did in atlanta.
    WOW - if I was going to be from Georgia I sure would like to be from Bill's home town.

Leave a comment:

• 64fairlane
    replied

I'm in dawsonville ga north of atlanta we got alot wind and rain but nothing like they did in atlanta.

Leave a comment:

• BluLightning
    replied

Thanks for the concern, pretty wild weather. I lost my internet connection Fri. night so was unable to post or even see what kind of weather was coming at us. Luckly for us the worst of it was south of our area.
    Glad to hear from you Matt. Hopefully John & Jim's houses are OK since they are on the cruise right now.

Cheaps 8)
    They're north of Atlanta so I think that area was ok.

Leave a comment:

• LadyGT
    replied

We only had the typical GA thunderstorm pass by us. Hope everybody is good in the Atlanta area.

Leave a comment:

• Solsticefun
    replied

This year has really been crazy as far as weather goes. I hope this is not a taste of things to come this Spring and Summer. I also hope all those in Georgia are okay.

Leave a comment:

• 1cheapstreet
    replied

Thanks for the concern, pretty wild weather. I lost my internet connection Fri. night so was unable to post or even see what kind of weather was coming at us. Luckly for us the worst of it was south of our area.
    Glad to hear from you Matt. Hopefully John & Jim's houses are OK since they are on the cruise right now.

Cheaps 8)

Leave a comment:

• Ron Ward
    replied

Our area is known for tornadoes, but MAN! I have never seen such devastation in an urban area like Atlanta. My thoughts are with those folks.

Ron

Leave a comment:

Working...
X