prices of hotels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prices of hotels?

Mrs. Bern here. Just wanted to know if the price we reserve the room in will be the actual price. These hotels aren't going to change the price at the last minute because of the growing popularity of the PT? Bernie had a problem the year before with a few of the hotels trying to "up" the price. He told me to make sure I look at the Forum Freak Hotel list and make sure I reserve rooms where everyone else is staying. Said it would make a much more memorable trip being able to hang out with the rest of the freaks.

Re: prices of hotels?

A few of the shadier places have tried that in the past, but if you book either through the group rate or early by yourself, once the room is booked you'll be OK. I book Holiday Inn by myself because I can get a decent rate, and if I book a group rate I don't get the rewards points. By staying last year at HI on the tour, I'm getting several free nights this year. Worth while to stick with one brand. I did notice a few of the venues are a little more expensive than last year, but we have been traveling a bit this year and have noticed prices going up everywhere, so it's not just for the tour.

Comment

Book early & print a copy with the price on it. A couple years ago I stayed @ Knights Inn @ Elkhart, In @ the booked price of 44$. They were asking 225$ for new reservations! I Discovered that when the Detroit stop moved from Warren to Mt. Clemons & I cancelled my Knights Inn res in Warren, they were asking 225 also. :o
      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

I normally book at Holiday Inns for the same reasons as Leon, and I usually get a pretty good rate using my 'government' discount. Someone recently pointed out to me that the AAA members rate is often cheaper yet.....you might check the rates and see if it's worthwhile to join AAA.....good luck.
        Ed.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I can't remember which one it was, but the senior rate was quite a bit cheaper than Government rate for the one location. The same thing happened last year.

Comment

I think "george1861" on the Hotel page has the lowest price. ;D

I just realized I had a bunch of Holiday Inn Points & some Hilton, so I'm using them this year.
            So. Central PA
            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

This year are :o.

Comment

We'll be staying at Best Westerns or Comfort Suites to use earned points. No prices yet.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                X