Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ stops on Powertour. And, oh oh, the 2nd annual Baloney bash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ stops on Powertour. And, oh oh, the 2nd annual Baloney bash?

;D

Had to bring this up.
    Anyone care to start helping list off some good BBQ joints in the south?

Of course, this year, I would like to make sure we get to spend this year at the 2nd annual BS Ridetech baloney bash.

Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: BBQ stops on Powertour. And, oh oh, the 2nd annual Baloney bash?

at the starting line party, Mrs. Crankshaft says she's been taking BBQ lessons. I'm still trying to decide if I should trust her cooking : ;D
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Look, I can grille, and make some mighty tasty burgers, but BBQ, my portfolio there consists of slow cooking chicken and pork, then adding sauce with a brush and slow grilling. Yes, I admit, I use gas and not wood smoker, so it probably don't count.
      Same goes for charcoal. I know the taste is crisper with 165% proof lighter fluid flambae burgers and steaks, but I am a child of gas grilles with a hard line off your house.

Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
        at the starting line party, Mrs. Crankshaft says she's been taking BBQ lessons. I'm still trying to decide if I should trust her cooking : ;D
        in a word NO. ;D

Outdoor grilling is the manly of manly tasks :D Smoke :o !! Fire !! :o Flames :o !!!

I'm not sure can can afford to take that chance ha ha

humm

Altho Daphne (hope this is the correct spelling) did a good job at the baloney-fest,
        humm maybe this should be over in the pondering thread :
        So. Central PA
        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

for years i would not cook on a gas grill or start my charcoal with lighter fluid(chimney only) then i got a deluxe 4 burner propane grill with full oven, side sear burner, rotisserie, back burner, and electronic spark start and I AIN'T NEVER GOIN BACK. 8)
          Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I don't know...around here it seems lot of people use gas.
            I'm personally leary about charcoal on a wood deck, if I had a concrete walk out, probably would have one.
            I do want to get a wood pellet smoker though. Toss a pork tenderloin on there and let it smoke for a few hours.
            And some ribs. Steak done on a wood smoker...just awsome. Featherbones...{where the hell is the drooling icon?? ;D }

Anyways...anyone local to the stops coming up, let us know good local joints.
            Last year, we ate at a couple chains, Smokey Bones, and Sticky Fingers.
            I am a child of the Kansas City style ribs, slathered in a good sauce, but dry rub done right, MMMmmmMMmmm
            Andrew

Comment

[quote=cobra ]
              [/quot

good thing i found this thread just come by the shop on any Saturday around noon and try it out
              this week is chili and salsa dip and to top it off great pumpkin dessert
              and yes every thing is cooked on the grill
              before the comments start i use a pot so the chili wont fall through the grill

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo
                in a word NO. ;D

Outdoor grilling is the manly of manly tasks :D Smoke :o !! Fire !! :o Flames :o !!!

humm

Altho Daphne (hope this is the correct spelling) did a good job at the baloney-fest,
                OK smart #@@ I SMOKE & GRILL ON A PELLET COOKER ALL THE TOP PIT MASTERS USE THEM
                I BRINE ALL MY CHICKEN AND THE RIBS ARE FALL OF THE BONE
                SO TAKE YOUR MANLY TASK AND STICK IT

Comment

Originally posted by mrs crankshaft
                  Originally posted by Vsolo
                  in a word NO. ;D

humm

OK smart #@@ I SMOKE & GRILL ON A PELLET COOKER ALL THE TOP PIT MASTERS USE THEM
                  I BRINE ALL MY CHICKEN AND THE RIBS ARE FALL OF THE BONE
                  SO TAKE YOUR MANLY TASK AND STICK IT
                  MEOOOWWWW ;D
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                    I don't know...around here it seems lot of people use gas.
                    I'm personally leary about charcoal on a wood deck, if I had a concrete walk out, probably would have one.
                    I do want to get a wood pellet smoker though. Toss a pork tenderloin on there and let it smoke for a few hours.
                    And some ribs. Steak done on a wood smoker...just awsome. Featherbones...{where the hell is the drooling icon?? ;D }

Anyways...anyone local to the stops coming up, let us know good local joints.
                    Last year, we ate at a couple chains, Smokey Bones, and Sticky Fingers.
                    I am a child of the Kansas City style ribs, slathered in a good sauce, but dry rub done right, MMMmmmMMmmm
                    the chain around here is "Sonnys", started in Gainesville , FL. Not too bad..... for a chain. There's one with in walking distance from the HEI in Sanford.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I'm a pretty good BBQ'er and I use propane on a stainless 3 burner..But I prefer to go over to Smokin' Joe's for ribs and chicken. And they will do the dishes for me..
                      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Just holler, I'll "Q" some pork that will make you drool. I have referances if you want.
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Figures. Ya had to say pork.
                          I had a bowl o' spaghettio's, and garlic toast tonight. :-\
                          A pulled pork sandwich...can we sense the theme I have going right now?

Man, we had some snow flakes fly just for a little bit last night.
                          Andrew

Comment

Mmmm I had Sonny's for dinner last night..... All you can eats ribs..... Yummy.....

[

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                            1966 Plymouth Fury III
                            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
                              Mmmm I had Sonny's for dinner last night..... All you can eats ribs..... Yummy.....

[

Okay, I'm jealous. I grew up in Fl and miss Sonny's badly.

Comment

Working...
                              X