Cruise-in Routes to Cocoa Beach, Florida for Hot Rod Power Tour 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cruise-in Routes to Cocoa Beach, Florida for Hot Rod Power Tour 2011

I will take Hwy 72 east to Scottsboro Hwy 35 past Little River Canyon to Hwy 9 that crosses the 2010 Power Tour from Chattanooga to Birmingham to get to Hwy 20 into Rome GA.....then 411/20 east until near Cartersville and jump in on I-75 south......might stop to eat at Marietta Diner on Cobb Parkway or maybe the Varsity Dog......then stop in at Summit at exit 216 on I-75.....my group might room in Tifton Ga or Valdosta........then roll on in Friday morn........
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalCamaro
      Rett, Coming back from Mobile took us about 2 days solid driving. I think it's gonna take another day at least for this run. What do you think? Dannie
      Dannie,i don't know your off time,but here's what we were thinking. Leave very early Wed or after Chuck's work on Tuesday and run all,and I mean all day Wed and all day Thursday and about 9-10 hours on Friday and get to Cocoa Beach by 5pm-ish on Friday. Other wise we may have to leave on Tuesday so we don't push ourselves. But you are right about needing an extra day.I just think it is so worth it to be there at least a day early.And heck we can go to the beach..Either way we are ready..
      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Rett, I actually am off that entire week. It's still real early at this point and I haven't decided if I want to hammer straight through on the 10 or hit some backroads on the way out to do some more exploring. So far, my thoughts are I may stop off in Tombstone, AZ to check out that tourist trap, maybe stop off in New Orleans for a night(Need some Jumbalaya and a few Hurricanes) and I have to make a stop in Tampa to get a sandwich at a kick ass deli there, then on to Clearwater to see a friend who lives there, before the few hour trip to Cocoa Beach. I agree with wanting to get there by Friday. But I am guessing if I leave Monday, you guys will catch up to me Tuesday, then we can roll together to Florida. We have plenty of time to work it out as I may decide to just drop the hammer all the way to Florida. Later.
        Dannie
        2010 Camaro SS
        Long Haul 2010/2011
        Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10
          I will take Hwy 72 east to Scottsboro Hwy 35 past Little River Canyon to Hwy 9 that crosses the 2010 Power Tour from Chattanooga to Birmingham to get to Hwy 20 into Rome GA.....then 411/20 east until near Cartersville and jump in on I-75 south......might stop to eat at Marietta Diner on Cobb Parkway or maybe the Varsity Dog......then stop in at Summit at exit 216 on I-75.....my group might room in Tifton Ga or Valdosta........then roll on in Friday morn........
          Hey Dewayne, using that route, do you know about how long it will take you to get to Cocoa Beach? I live in Priceville and I've been looking at several different routes to take. Also, when do you plan on jetting out?!?
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

I have actually driven it in about 13 hours when we have went to Disney World in the family rides on 4 different occasions....but in our "hobby cars" in the heat of the summer I was planning to pace ourselves going down to the start.....had planned on leaving out that Thursday to arrive that Friday around 1 oclock.........Bucky we still have a meeting planned on Nov 20 on Hwy 72 at the Star Market shopping center..............
            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I will be there. Hope to be in Jade, but it all depends on how long I work out in Phoenix this week. She hasn't been started or driven since September 28Th!!! And she's freak'n dirty.... ;D
              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
              - George Orwell

Comment

It's looking like I'll be in the bar car on the Auto Train.

Comment

Matt-
                  Still taking the train? Might be a bit outta o' the way now.
                  ;D

Ed,
                  Just checking to see which route you guys are thinking of taking.
                  Debating about KC, Mo and head south, or KC,Mo and head east.

George-
                  When were you planning on heading out? I can remember if you were heading out Wednesday or not?
                  Andrew
                  1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                  2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76

George-
                    When were you planning on heading out? I can remember if you were heading out Wednesday or not?
                    Andrew, it's all in the air at this time, somehow I want to be there early Friday if not thursday afternoon. Too many variables at this point.
                    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Latest plan is to stay in Akron, OH area wed night and then head south on I-77 thur morning. Will still have a long way to go and short time to get there
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Oh Booby, are we still thinking about hiting NO on the way down?

Donna, if my plans with Boob fall through, I'll cruise down with you guy and Buckeye is also wanting to caravan.
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We'll be leaving sometime Wednesday morning, thinking we'll probably go through KC and head towards Memphis, driving until we get tired and then finding somewhere to sleep.

Comment

I've got it pretty easy, only 60 miles, just an hour from Bruce's place.

SR-46 for 27 miles then merge onto I-95 S for 18 miles.
                            Left onto SR-528 E for 13 miles.
                            Welcome to CAPE CANAVERAL, FL.

Comment

Steve, Dannie,myself and Chuck have is easy also. We only take Rt10 to Rt75 south.. Piece of cake..
                              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Still leaving June 2 7am .Have one more car for now ,First timer with 67 Camaro.Hope to hook up with more for trip to Fl.
                                Last edited by 63 falcon; April 21, 2011, 11:54 AM.
                                Danny/Zachary
                                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X