• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i will call to firm things up
    But i am into Hahnville on the way to Cocoa

Comment

I would like to pick up Jesse at Orlando Airport friday at 11AM

so working that back, Bluelightning and i should be Hanville tuesday/wednesday?
      Bob

Comment

I think we have a plan Bob. Talk about an epic journey! Can't wait
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

So Plan is
          to leave Mentor Ohio Sunday AM May 29
          heading to Hahnville, LA, should be there late Monday
          Leave Hahnville, LA wednesday am for Orlando/Cocoa
          bob

Comment

Hey Bob, Ed, Mary and Earl might meet up with us in Hahnville.
            I R Bob
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Still hoping to hit Chattanooga or similar Wednesday night. 5 am start is going to suck.
              Andrew
              1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
              2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                Hey Bob, Ed, Mary and Earl might meet up with us in Hahnville.
                How far is it from Ed and Mary's to Hahnville? We may meet up at Ed and Mary's Tuesday.

Linda

Comment

Was looking at possibly routes in.

Ed- Any benefit to going south to Springfield and going due east?

Just debating best way to roll.
                  Andrew
                  1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                  2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
                    How far is it from Ed and Mary's to Hahnville? We may meet up at Ed and Mary's Tuesday.

Linda
                    Linda, it looks to be about 800 miles from house to house.
                    I R Bob

Comment

Dale my Canadian neighbor may be going along
                      to hahnville
                      bob

more Canadians: and Martin is coming with Keith again this year
                      maybe Chevelle probably GTO with new trans
                      FUN
                      bob
                      Last edited by 1956NY150; April 24, 2011, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                        Was looking at possibly routes in.

Ed- Any benefit to going south to Springfield and going due east?

Just debating best way to roll.
                        "PINKHEMI" and I did some talking this weekend, while we were both sick . We will very likely leave wed. morning and hit St. Joe MO, K.C., and then go I70 east to St. Louis and then down to Nashville and hopefully make Chattanooga area wed. night. If others are staying at a reportedly nice ~$50 microtel in Chattanooga, then we will aim for that. We talked about road tripping the southern backroads, but the sheer distance to cover makes us lean heavily towards the interstates. If you go through southern MO I think you'll be going through a lot of towns and hitting stoplights, etc. I've never been east of Springfield but I have been down there and it's not "open freeway" like I70 is. Of course going through K.C., St. Louis, and Nashville poses it's own traffic problems, but I believe that the interstates will save us a lot of time that we will be needing to save. We can't be moving and racking up miles at 5 a.m. because we have to get the kids up and taken to the in-laws and say goodbyes, etc. We'll be lucky to be on the road before 8. But If others are sharing that route, we need to share phone numbers incase of trouble. The car we are taking has a whoppin' 770 miles on the odometer so i'd hope that it's not "us" needing the help, but you never know.

Comment

Forgot to ask where you are in Nebraska? We are a little over an hour from St. Joe MO, and we plan to eat on the road from our cooler and only stop maybe 3 times total between our driveway and chattanooga. So even if you start ahead of us, we may catch you (25 mpg in a HEMI with MDS is kinda handy).

Comment

First off, from Springfield Mo over to Sikeston, MO is pretty good road....US 60 is mostly open 4-lane, (but some construction areas when I last drove it...2 years ago). If I don't swing through Hahnville, we'll use that route to Paducah, then interstates on into Cocoa.
                            Linda, Bob, and Bob.....I can't leave until Wednesday morning. MapQuest has it at 13 hours to Hanhville. I'll talk with Blake and Anna and Ray closer in to see if they are up to that many visitors. We'll probably leave here Wednesday, swing by Hahnville on Thursday mid-day, then head on east that afternoon. Still trying for Cocoa by noon Friday.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              First off, from Springfield Mo over to Sikeston, MO is pretty good road....US 60 is mostly open 4-lane, (but some construction areas when I last drove it...2 years ago). If I don't swing through Hahnville, we'll use that route to Paducah, then interstates on into Cocoa.
                              Linda, Bob, and Bob.....I can't leave until Wednesday morning. MapQuest has it at 13 hours to Hanhville. I'll talk with Blake and Anna and Ray closer in to see if they are up to that many visitors. We'll probably leave here Wednesday, swing by Hahnville on Thursday mid-day, then head on east that afternoon. Still trying for Cocoa by noon Friday.

Ed
                              our plans are still the same
                              but they are just plans
                              Leave Mentor Ohio Sunday 5/29/2011
                              hope to be in Hahnville all day tuesday
                              be at Orlando airport at Noon on Friday to pick up Jesse
                              PARTY in Cocoa
                              PARTY in Sandford
                              boob

who is going to first day DRIVERS MEETING?

Comment

We're doing the same last two things boob is doing and we are going to the first drivers meeting..Smily face here
                                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X