No announcement yet.

Cruise-in Routes to Cocoa Beach, Florida for Hot Rod Power Tour 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boosted {Sorry man, forget your name} I am sitting just south of the Omaha metro in Bellevue.

After discussing things with Mel, she may not be going, but we've been talking tonight, and I think I am going to end up going...I need the complete mental break from the stuff I have been though, Powertour is looking so very good to me right now.
    I only want to get on the road and forget about things for a while.
    I'm planning on running to KC, and heading due east to make Chattanooga.
    The Microtel Inn I checked for Wednesday night jumped on their rates by about $15 since I last checked on Saturday night!
    Right now logged onto my Wyndham account, rate is $59.95 {cancelable rate, non-cancel is $50.96}, with taxes making the cancel room total $70.29 for a single bed, or total $82.02 for a 2 queen bed room.
    Last year, Scott had a room there and so did Mel and myself, and nice staff, well lit, ok area and nice clean place. It's no Holiday Inn, but hell it's just a place to sack up for the night. We had a decent caravan when we left that morning that we got in line with when we hit the road.
    Microtel Inn Chattanooga Hamilton Place 7014 McCutcheon Road Chattanooga, TN 37421 US
    A 2 bed room is $82.02 with tax, so, don't know if you guys would want to split a nonsmoking room?

I am looking at heading out Wednesday morning because I want to be able to show up, like Ed, mid-day Friday and not be fried from the drive.

I need to seriously book a room for Chattanooga...so, if you guys have not done so, let me know. Looking at booking in the next 2 days.
    Here is the drive I am looking at:

Drop me PM, let me know thoughts. Right now, I just need to make sure of the plans for getting to Cocoa Beach. If Mel is not going with me this year, I may leave on Thursday morning to get in some time on Friday. Just as long as I can roll in, find a beach and stick my feet in the Atlantic Ocean at some point!
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Looks like there are a bunch (about 8 cars) leaving Edinburgh, IN on June 2nd heading south/east. We are going a route that takes us around Atlanta. We plan on going through South Carolina and then down the coast. Should be a very pretty drive through hills of TN, KY and SC. We don't really know where we are going to stop for the night yet, but Savannah, Ga has been mentioned making the first day a 12 hour day. Here is a map of the route, with the Savannah stop marked as 'B' If you are going to be in the area of the first leg on the 2nd let me know and maybe you can join, or if you are on the second part traveling on the 3rd you can join also. I don't know if the whole group is going to the VA or not, many of them are on the other website, and i don't know if they are interested. But i will be veering off to join the VA stop on the 3rd.

Last edited by GTPilot88; May 2, 2011, 09:29 PM. Reason: wrong date
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Working...
      X