No announcement yet.

I hate it, BUT ......................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate it, BUT ......................

i say we find the coward sperm donor and "....tie him to the back of the car and drag him".
    everyone makes mistakes. he needs to be a man and take responsibility for his.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

??? Dean and Tracey,you will truly be blessed with your future grand child.I have four grandchildren and one Zachary has been on two HRPTours and he just turned 8,and has a garage on Hub Garage.com.The fun things about grand kids is that you can do things with them that you couldnt with your kids.May God bless you and your family. : :
      Danny/Zachary
      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Sorry to hear that the sperm donor bailed on her but I guess it's better now than later. At least she does have ya to help her out. My oldest is only 12 and I've already been imagining her coming in and telling us the same thing. Good luck with this and just let her know how much ya still care for her. See ya at the next swap meet down here.

Comment

Thanks for the support gang. I'm slowly but surely adjusting to the inevitability of the situation although I'm just now getting to the point that I'll talk about it. Tracey went two whole days before she'd even speak to her. We were both disappointed greatly. Everything happens for a reason and I guess this is just another chapter in our lives.

I'll bring the kiddo along on tour one of these days, but probably not next year.

As for the sperm donor ... He's a big bastard at about 6'6" and 300 ish. Anybody got a backhoe ?

I'm not completely resigned to missing the whole tour. I may try to slip away and meet you guys for a couple legs.

If the predictions for 2012 are even close, I'll host a get together along the way somewhere. No matter which way you go from Detroit to Dallas, you're gonna pass by my place pretty close. If it goes to or through Tulsa, I've got a very good friend with a collection of cars, memorabilia etc ... that will take your breath away. Most people only get the nickel tour, I can guarantee you 3 or 4 hours of stuff you'll never see again anywhere else.

Dean

Comment

Bummed for you guys, but also happy for you guys. Just remember as the kid is old enough, your responsibility is to get the kid loaded on sugar, wired, and returned to mama for the aftermath... ;D

Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
              Bummed for you guys, but also happy for you guys. Just remember as the kid is old enough, your responsibility is to get the kid loaded on sugar, wired, and returned to mama for the aftermath... ;D

You got that right Andrew - that's chapter II of the grandpappys rulebook. And when it's time for a nap this grandpa was always a willing volunteer for a good power nap too.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                i say we find the coward sperm donor and "....tie him to the back of the car and drag him".
                everyone makes mistakes. he needs to be a man and take responsibility for his.
                Almost sounds like we went through, in college, etc.,then they got married. Things were good for about 18 months in our time together,........ not really looking back. We gave him every change to succeed . :o

On a gut feeling this would be true, we went through something like this except my daughter was married to the rat. Six months after our grandson was born we was acting up. in reality you have to do everything legally. And that cost big bucks, to me I once again had my money to get my Camaro done & once again some crap comes up. >

Long story short, he finally gave up all his rights to the child. Dealing with his crap weekly was freaking awful. I know if I had laid a hand on him I would be in jail. The drama he cause just want not worth it. :-\

Now as for his family, has had 2 brothers that have been through tough time but succeeded in the lives & families(the supported our actions), they hoped we could have helped him. But like some piece of crap car we expect to overhaul & make great , it is sometimes better to take it to the crusher & get it out of our lives.

I have an awesome grandson, he is aware of that ........ as he calls him "his evil dad" , he has a new dad now things are much better. We do so much together his first ride in the front seat of a car was in my Camaro. He was soo blown away with all he can see, he does enjoy riding in it and goes with me to see the car getting done over.

He is having a good life and learning how good life can be and probably will be on the HRPT 2016 or 2017 and that makes me smile.

I like everyone else feels for you, you have allot to go through and give up, for the good of your family but like the cars we work on we make things better here.
                So. Central PA
                Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76

Lets not forget the obnoxiously loud toys on birthdays and Christmas..... that's chapter III of the grandpappys rulebook... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news. Everybody understands that family comes first and there will always be other opportunities to catch up with your friends here. Don't cancel your hotel reservations just yet, God works in mysterious ways.
                    2006 HRPT LH
                    2007 HRPT LH
                    2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

could not have said it better Denise....Praise Him in all things(not necessarily FOR all things).
                      Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Alton took our 11 yr old grandson deer hunting Saturday morning, Josh got a deer, he was excited..BUT pawpaw is still glowing about it..Nothing better than sharing those special moments with the grandkids...Mawmaw's love going to the nail salon & getting toenails done with the girls !!Hang in there & remember, God won't put more on your plate than He knows you can handle. Good Luck to ya'll all !!

Comment

Dean, I can totally understand what you and your wife are going through. That is the reason I only did a partial tour this year. But, I became a Grandpa to a beautiful GRANDDAUGHTER in August. She brings us JOY everyday seeing her grow up very quickly and she will be 3 months old next week. What helped me was thinking, that it is not the babies fault. In the initial days I had to tell myself that several times to get past the anger at my daughter.

But, our dirt bag Sperm Donor who has stated " I never wanted this baby." " Why didn't you have an abortion." and " I will never support her." (because he has never had a job). Is still in the picture! So I think you may be fortunate that he has turned tail and ran now. So when you get that back hoe, can you make room for a 5'8" 175 lb'er under that 300 lb'er

Comment

Originally posted by 67BlueSS
                            Dean, I can totally understand what you and your wife are going through. That is the reason I only did a partial tour this year. But, I became a Grandpa to a beautiful GRANDDAUGHTER in August. She brings us JOY everyday seeing her grow up very quickly and she will be 3 months old next week. What helped me was thinking, that it is not the babies fault. In the initial days I had to tell myself that several times to get past the anger at my daughter.

But, our dirt bag Sperm Donor who has stated " I never wanted this baby." " Why didn't you have an abortion." and " I will never support her." (because he has never had a job). Is still in the picture! So I think you may be fortunate that he has turned tail and ran now. So when you get that back hoe, can you make room for a 5'8" 175 lb'er under that 300 lb'er
                            Damn Rex, knowing you, that little boy has got balls of brass and not too much upstairs. Glad you got a healthy, happy Granddaughter though. Congrats.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                              Originally posted by 67BlueSS

Damn Rex, knowing you, that little boy has got balls of brass and not too much upstairs. Glad you got a healthy, happy Granddaughter though. Congrats.
                              Certainly not much upstairs. And he avoids me like the plague. I just need a moment of his time.

Comment

I'm slowly coming to grips with the whole thing and I know it will all work out. I too would like a moment of this guys time but for reasons unclear to me he hasn't called or come by since we got the news. I'm sure he misses me terribly >

As for the good Lord not putting more on me than I can handle, I understand that. BUT, I sure wish he didn't trust me so much.

I'm not cancelling anything yet. But, it is very unlikely that I'll make it.

Dean

Comment

Working...
                                X