Alabama Gang - HRPT 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Gang - HRPT 2011

Hey guys, I am trying to help organize with the Alabama Gang this year. We have started a facebook page and anyone that is interested is encouraged to join. More info will be posted on facebook.

We have members throughout the whole state that will be responsible for organizing meetings in their metro area. My metro area is Huntsville. Possible meetings could be arranged later on throughout the state. Our first meeting will be Nov. 20th at the Old Southern Family Market parking lot. It will begin at 6 pm at the corner of Wall Triana and 72

Anybody that is interested in the Power Tour is encouraged to show up. We are friendly, and only bite when provoked.

Re: Alabama Gang - HRPT 2011

Lock up your women and children the Alabama Gang has arrived!!! Or as I heard it anyways at a small gas station somewhere along the way. Welcome along, introduce yourselves ;)
    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

I met a few of them the second night in Newton, great people.. lost them a few days later, they alway made for a fun time.

I hung out in So. Alabama about 30 years ago (an eye opening experience for a naive Bostonian)(good times), after talking to them it is good to see nothing has changed there in the last 30 years ha ha

So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

: First Friday in Gadsden would be a good place to get a group togather for the HRPT. :
        Danny/Zachary
        HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon
          : First Friday in Gadsden would be a good place to get a group togather for the HRPT. :
          In 1977 my Camaro blew up the engine going thru Gadsen, on Labor Day weekend, got help from a local guy
          It was like something out of a movie for all sorts of strange things that happened that weekend.
          Engine blew up on highway....
          Got Towed into town, by a local guy...
          Introduced me to his wife & family(Southern Hospitality)...
          When to local fair that night....
          Next day, looked for an engine....
          Bought at 1970 Ford...
          Towed my car to South Carolina
          It was all good, everyone was helpful, but really different for for a young kid in town.
          So. Central PA
          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Hey guys glad to hear such good things about the Alabama Gang and our southern hospitality in general. I will post up any new info on here to keep everybody updated. But the word of mouth is the best tool anyone can use. So if you know of anyone interested, send them our way.

Clint J.
            Huntsville

Comment

Hey Clint..... Nice to see you found your way over to BangShift. What took you so long?!?! And once again, this doesn't help me considering I don't have FaceBook!! ;D

When is the meeting that we're gonna have up here in HSV??
              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
              - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                Lock up your women and children the Alabama Gang has arrived!!! Or as I heard it anyways at a small gas station somewhere along the way. Welcome along, introduce yourselves ;)
                That's right, be afraid... Be Very Afraid!! We are here.... We are waiting.... Ha Ha!!! And does that mean I have to introduce myself George?!?! :D
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

I have ran on the road a few times with the "Alabama Gang" over the years but I have never met up with you guys at any of the motels. You guys useally cruise the roads the way I do.

Comment

I live in the upper corner lower Alabama part of Florida. UCLA
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a brother in law that lives in Gadsden if you guys need help getting to Florida.I am from Bham but have been living in Hiuston Tx for the last 30 years. : : ;D
                      Danny/Zachary
                      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Bucky - NOV 20th at 6 pm. Corner of Wall Triana and 72. Old Southern Family Market Parking lot. It will also be a gen. cruise in, so all are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by prostreetsunbird79
                          Bucky - NOV 20th at 6 pm. Corner of Wall Triana and 72. Old Southern Family Market Parking lot. It will also be a gen. cruise in, so all are welcome

Well well Clint check you out......dude take that stick and run with it.......hopefully we will have a large group for 2011...see you at the cruise in.......by the way Curtis's 65 Tempest just got a new rearend and chrome wheels got a look at it this past Saturday.....it is looking sweet........later.......
                          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Yeah I talked to Curtis this afternoon, He said he was working on his car. I can't wait to see those new wheels. I got my headlight issue worked out, so I am good to go for the Little River Canyon Cruise this saturday. He said your going too right.

Comment

Yep will be working on my some the next two days also.........
                              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Working...
                              X