Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Points of interest along the way PT 2011

Originally posted by 200WINS
    Rex. I was thinking Friday morning maybe take the hour long tour. I have been to Daytona USA in 2000, would probably go again time permitting, then go to the VA in the afternoon.
    Any one interested in making a group deal for this?
    George, I think I should be there with you and try to talk the security guard into letting us out on the track again...Tradition..
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72
      Originally posted by 200WINS
      Rex. I was thinking Friday morning maybe take the hour long tour. I have been to Daytona USA in 2000, would probably go again time permitting, then go to the VA in the afternoon.
      Any one interested in making a group deal for this?
      George, I think I should be there with you and try to talk the security guard into letting us out on the track again...Tradition..
      Right on Rett!! Maybe this time I should obey the "Do Not Enter" sign............Wouldn't have been as much fun!!!

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

That's a sweet picture - I didn't know you criminals got that far in the gate. I'm proud of you two.
        I must have missed that pic if it was posted previously.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Some have mentioned the Ford Museum in Detroit for Saturday. Can someone post up some more information for us?

Steve, is this thread worthy of being a sticky?
          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Visit The Henry Ford to explore our collection of authentic artifacts and stories of America's ingenuity and innovation. Buy tickets online today!

Here ya go George - and if you get that close you need to go to Millers Bar too.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

The Ford Museum and Greenfield village are each a FULL days adventure. If you have to pick one over the other the Ford Museum would be my pick. Tremendous history in both places. A lot of car history in the Ford Museum and a lot of American history in Greenfield village.

Comment

Lots of good information here, Does anyone have some ideas for Nashville? This year we would like to try to see more stuff. Probably spend less time at the venues to try to take in some sights here and there.

Comment

For Nashville, you have the Grand Ol' Opry or the Ryman Auditorium for great country music. I don't know if Nashville Speedway is still on the schedule for NASCAR, but I'll check. Downtime is pretty cool, but gets congested just like any other major downtown. Nashville also has several different sporting events, including LP Field... ;D
                  sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                  - George Orwell

Comment

Looks like the drive from Nashville to Indy could stop along Jasper, IN, Home of Ridetech. That would be pretty cool!!
                    Last edited by 200WINS; May 13, 2011, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Hey, question, seing George and Rett's picture at 'Dega, got me to thinking about Daytona. Not that far from Cocoa Beach. Thinking I need to sneak a shot there.
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Here are two interesting things I've visited that you may not know about Nashville:

1. It's home of a Parthenon replica. It's definitely something you would not expect, and it's on the west side of downtown in a park by Vanderbilt University.

2. Bongo Java (also near Vanderbilt) Home of the Nun Bun. They gained national noteriety a few times because of their hot bun that resembled Mother Theresa. They also have some pretty good coffee!

Bongo Java is Nashville's Oldest & Most Honored Coffee Company. 100% Organic. 100% Fair Trade. 100% Direct from Small-Scale Farmers.
                        Powertour off/on since 2002
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                          Hey, question, seing George and Rett's picture at 'Dega, got me to thinking about Daytona. Not that far from Cocoa Beach. Thinking I need to sneak a shot there.
                          I hope to hit Daytona on the way down Friday morning. That was one of the venues on the '99-East P/T. Tour stopped at Talledega on (I think) the 2000 tour.
                          Non-denominational car nut.
                          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                          Do you go all the way?

Comment

Detroit -
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

This was linked to that Detroit video. Wow, I kept thinking, "we used to make things in this country."

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Powertour off/on since 2002
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                                I hope to hit Daytona on the way down Friday morning. That was one of the venues on the '99-East P/T. Tour stopped at Talledega on (I think) the 2000 tour.
                                Who may be up for the Daytona tour Friday morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X