Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My PT rant email to HR mag - and I got a responce

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
    I would love nothing more than to show off our neck of the woods. We do grow corn around here but if you look west you will see those beautiful mountains!

Linda 8)
    Now there's a back drop that I like.... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

The next time someone complains about the tour route they should give them this response.

YOU KNOW WHAT MAKES ME SAD? YOU DO!! HAhaha

Powertour off/on since 2002
      sigpic

Comment

YA JACKWAGON!!
        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd
          YA JACKWAGON!!
          Maybe we should all go to Mamby Pamby Land and get you some self esteem.
          Powertour off/on since 2002
          sigpic

Comment

YOU NEED A TISSUE????
            HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
            DW- 12,16,17
            "Stay thirsty my friends"
            The worlds most interesting man

Comment

You Make Me Sick.... ;D
              sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
              - George Orwell

Comment

That's funny.. :D You guys could make a commerical with that stuff..
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Alright! HRPT going through Texas during Tornado season, assuming it will be early June again. That could be one to remember, I'm in!

Originally posted by Leon
                  Good to see you got a response from HR!

That info coincides with that I got about the 2012 tour ending in Ft Worth and the 2013 starting there. It would be nice to see it go up through Oklahoma for a change, we'll have to see if they do that for '13.

Comment

A few years ago (I think it was '04?) when we started in Arlington, we came through Childress, TX and a tornado had knocked a train off the tracks! We stopped at the Walmart there and they told us it came through the night before. I'm glad we weren't there to see it first hand. I've seen bad weather on the tour, luckily we haven't been hit. I have spent a few nights sitting in a car wash as hail in the area went by.

Comment

??? ??? We dont call that tornado season we call that huricane season , they are bigger ??? ???
                      Danny/Zachary
                      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
                        A few years ago (I think it was '04?) when we started in Arlington, we came through Childress, TX and a tornado had knocked a train off the tracks! We stopped at the Walmart there and they told us it came through the night before. I'm glad we weren't there to see it first hand. I've seen bad weather on the tour, luckily we haven't been hit. I have spent a few nights sitting in a car wash as hail in the area went by.
                        was Ames, Iowa one of them? ;D
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

In Tulsa on PT 04 the tornadoes were skipping around the city. Found that out in the morning from the hotel staff. I do remember taking cover in Ames in a carwash. As proven a few days ago, tornadoes aren't just in May and June any more! :P

Linda 8)

Comment

Funny, I did the same thing last year coming home from the HRPT. I was in southern Indiana inside a brick car wash watching signs blowing down the street in front of me. The tornado sirens were going off and everything. I'll admit, I actually was a but worried because there was nowhere to go and I wasn't going to outrun in fear of my convertible top getting damaged.

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                            In Tulsa on PT 04 the tornadoes were skipping around the city. Found that out in the morning from the hotel staff. I do remember taking cover in Ames in a carwash. As proven a few days ago, tornadoes aren't just in May and June any more! :P

Linda 8)

Comment

On the way out last year, sat through a severe thunderstorm and hail storm in Rolla, MO under cover at a gas station till it past.
                              Dannie
                              2010 Camaro SS
                              Long Haul 2010/2011
                              Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

I remember Ames Iowa. The front desk woke us up to tell us what to do during a tornado warning, I couldn't sleep the rest of the night.
                                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Working...
                                X