My PT rant email to HR mag - and I got a responce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PT rant email to HR mag - and I got a responce

I wrote the mag a email a while back, kinda surprised i got a responce with some surprising info in it

Why cant the central part of the USA get any power tour love ? some of us middle aged people cant afford to take 2 weeks off of work to attend when it seems to only travel thru TN, KY, and into FL. If im correct I thought I read somewhere that PT has been thru Nashville atleast once every three years since 1999. And how many times has it been in TX, Once ? Twice ?

I dont want to hear the excuse about venues, traffic, im just curious, WHY ? Nashville seems to hold major automovtive events where thier Pro football team plays, Dallas has one of those, so does Houston and Kansas City, OKC has these fairgrounds where they have this lil NSRA show every year, and I know all those venues have plenty of parking space, cause ive been to all of them as well as nashvilles, they are all more than capable of doing the job and if you guys plan on another east coast power tour in 2012 can you let me know soon so that I can move to west virginia so that I could attend it

and heres thier responce....

Hi, Charles.
    Thank you for the email and for being a long-time supporter of HOT ROD POWER TOUR. We work on cities and venues well in advance of the route announcement each year. Currently we are working on 2012 and 2013. We usually like to start where we end to give some continuity, and that plan is afoot again for 2012.

While we will not be going to Texas this year, don?t be surprised to see that in the mix for upcoming Tours. So, please don?t uproot and move to West Virginia! We are dedicated to mixing up the Tour over the next few years.

Thanks again, Charles ?
    See you in June.
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Re: My PT rant email to HR mag - and I got a responce

Good to see you got a response from HR!

That info coincides with that I got about the 2012 tour ending in Ft Worth and the 2013 starting there. It would be nice to see it go up through Oklahoma for a change, we'll have to see if they do that for '13.

Comment

still would love to go to Denver and have it at Red Rock or someplace like that!
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

So putting all the intel that we have together, it looks like 2012 HRPT will be Detroit, MI to Ft. Worth, TX .....

Comment

And the 2013 HRPT will be Fort Worth Texas to........ ?!?! : If it headed towards Denver, that would be awesome!!! ;)
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

That's cool that they got back to you. I remember before my first PT, I sent an email to them with some questions and I actually got an response back from Freiburger himself. I thought that was pretty cool.

BTW, I'm up for Detroit to Texas. ;)
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

The first few PTs did come thru Denver. We have plenty a venues here and the scenery thru the mountains is wonderful .... I won't hold my breath though ....
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                The first few PTs did come thru Denver. We have plenty a venues here and the scenery thru the mountains is wonderful .... I won't hold my breath though ....

Oh but Dan, if it does come through Denver we can plan one heck of a party! ;D

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet

Linda 8)
                  Yes Ma'am we can!!!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Linda 8)
                    Yes Ma'am we can!!!
                    Now this is getting me really EXCITED...... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

nice to at least get an answer
                      2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                      2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                      2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                      2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                      2012 Northeast Rod Run
                      2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Linda 8)
                        Linda, What's the nearest HIE by you for the kick off party??
                        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                          So putting all the intel that we have together, it looks like 2012 HRPT will be Detroit, MI to Ft. Worth, TX .....
                          Steve,Leon and I got that info from the horses mouth and you are right,that is if the horse was right, and we think the horse was right..
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72

Linda 8)
                            Linda, What's the nearest HIE by you for the kick off party??
                            Calling in my Brother pass for a room now Linda :-*.

Comment

I would love nothing more than to show off our neck of the woods. We do grow corn around here but if you look west you will see those beautiful mountains!

Linda 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X