Re: Prep for your stuff for 2011?

Don't forget hood locks to keep out the undesireables ;D

or they might get in

and you know what happens next, hoods up all over the place

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied

Meyandering around the car this weekend. All I keep doing is shuffling stuff around.
    If our taxes come back decent again this year, hey kids, I'm getting CHROME per the wifey.

I have yet to do anything aside from take the GTS out of the garage, let it sit outside, get snowed on a bit, and then be disgruntled at 9 degrees F and almost not want to start.

Adding to the list:
    Buy a new 750 CFM performer carb for the cleveland. The 600 after 15+ years of service is due to be retired. Or maybe not... :-\

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied

Originally posted by 1956NY150
    i have a tko 600 5 sp .68OD

i have had two different seals leak at drive shaft yoke.......use standard tremec one
    shifter cover should not leak, use GM trans fluid

great transmission,
    i just can't shift it fast (that is my problem many gearheads can)
    rebuilt trans after numerous occasions of abuse, +- 20K miles (Hanlon Motorsports)
    rebuilt transmission after experimental parts failed from wrong fuild and more abuse(carbon fiber pads on synco's)
    changed shifter assembly to ? and there was a little improvement
    bob
    me too....have the tko in my Camaro......getting it installed now in my Chevelle (both cars had the M-22 Muncie rockcrushers, now asleep in my garage)....know what your saying about shifting....when I was 20, running 11.21/125 in a steel bodied 302 Z, I rowed that Muncie like it was glued to my forearm....now, 35+ years later, somehow my arm doesn't talk to my leg like it used to.......rexx

Leave a comment:

• occupant
    replied

As excited as I am about getting such an awesome motor for so cheap for my Gran Torino, I don't think PT2011 is in the cards for me this year. I would need to get my AC working, buy four new tires, and figure out how to do it while avoiding a divorce. The GranTorinoSport.org show in TN in September would be enough of a stretch as it is, family-wise. A second major outing would ensure in inability of my house key to turn the lock upon my return.

I may just wait another year or ten until they start one in Dallas again. Getting to Florida would take me a day and a half at best. Then several days of tour, then two days back from Detroit. Dallas to Detroit or Chicago would be my ideal choice for a PT route. Maybe they'll do the 66 thing again, I could join in say, Amarillo and run it up and back.

But if I had to go, my list would contain:

- tune the 351CJ
    - tires all around
    - fix the dash lights
    - fix the temp gauge
    - swap in a more comfy bench up front
    - fix the driver window so it'll roll up/down
    - fix the left rear door handles so it'll open
    - patch up the metal under the back window so it won't leak on my shiz
    - put together a nice comprehensive tool bag out of the stuff scattered in the trunk
    - buy spare hoses, spare belts, spare filters, lots of fluids, and a carb kit just in case

I also work from home 6 days a week. From 4-9am Central (or earlier and still 'til 9am if it's busy or someone doesn't check in) I have to be sitting at my computer except Saturday mornings. Time sensitive stuff. So I'd have to stop at a McDonald's or something during those hours during a tour, have my laptop with me, look like a yuppie, all that.

Leave a comment:

• The Chief
    replied

Remove noisy gear drive and replace with quiet one, i guess im getting old cause that gear whine has finally gotten to me after to long hauls lmao other than that need to replace a stud on the exhaust and install a new gas pedal with a cable linkage rather than the hillbilly rigged rod linkage from when the motor/trans swap happened in 09. Of course my crew will need to do all of this as usual before i arrive and drive lmao

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied

Originally posted by 1956NY150

i have had two different seals leak at drive shaft yoke.......use standard tremec one

great transmission,
    rebuilt trans after numerous occasions of abuse, +- 20K miles (Hanlon Motorsports)
    rebuilt transmission after experimental parts failed from wrong fuild and more abuse(carbon fiber pads on synco's)
    bob
    I debated about the TKO600 for the GTS...but I am sticking by the old standby of my close ratio toploader.
    Nothing like powershiftting the SOB...one of my joys in life.
    I just wish I had overdrive...but nothing a gear vendors wallet draining affair could not fix...

Leave a comment:

• Vsolo
    replied

Originally posted by Bucky67
    Photo shoot sounds awesome.  My 67 Camaro was originally Black with a White Bumble Bee stripe and everyone thought I was crazy for wanting to paint it IBM.  But after looking at the new Camaro in person, I knew that was the color I wanted.  I just didn't keep the stripe white, it's a Gray Metallic and looks sweet on that dark blue.

And your right, pictures not do IBM justice.  If fact, the car looks completely different in the direct sun light than it does in the evening or at night.  The sun just brings out the blue with all the metallic...
    My Camaro was originally Midnight Blue with White stripes, over the decades (and living in different parts of the US),
    It was White with Gold Stripes and then it was Brown with Gold stripes.
    Since I was doing the whole car over I had been undecided on what color to paint it next, humm maybe Black, well that was till went I was at the GM Nationals in 2009 & saw the IBM color and I was sold. 
    Then came the stripe color & I decided to go back to close to the original dark blue, since I was upgrading the brakes,suspension and everything else I decided to update to a modern color too. 
    I can't wait to see it, I'm out of town till the 17th or 18 of Dec. 

Leave a comment:

• 1956NY150
    replied

great transmission,
    bob

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied

Photo shoot sounds awesome. My 67 Camaro was originally Black with a White Bumble Bee stripe and everyone thought I was crazy for wanting to paint it IBM. But after looking at the new Camaro in person, I knew that was the color I wanted. I just didn't keep the stripe white, it's a Gray Metallic and looks sweet on that dark blue.

And your right, pictures not do IBM justice. If fact, the car looks completely different in the direct sun light than it does in the evening or at night. The sun just brings out the blue with all the metallic...

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied

Steve, I got the TKO-500 (.68 final drive) 5-speed and absolutely love it!
    I haven't had time to get Earl up on stands to really determine where the leak is coming from, but I managed to get far enough under the truck to wipe it down and see if I could tell......it appears to be coming from the seam between the main case and the tailshaft housing....Keisler says that seam is done with a sealant (no gasket), then bolted together. There is also the possibility that the leak could be originating from the shifter housing, but it doesn't look like it from either side of the truck.....I'll know more after the holidays when I can get the truck up high enough to really look it over....
    I'd recommend these trannys to anyone. I'm certain this is a rare occurrence.

Leave a comment:

• Vsolo
    replied

Originally posted by Bucky67
    George, I would have to agree with you, I Love the 69 Retro front end on the new Camaro.  However, with that being said, I don't like the price....  Cheryl and I talked to the couple several times throughout the PT, and that conversion will run you 10K!!  :o

I'm telling ya, Matt can lay one heck of a paint job down for you!!!  I plan on having Matt paint my 89 IROC-Z Camaro Imperial Blue Metallic to match my 67...  8)
    We'll have to get together for a photo shoot  ;D , my 73 Z28 is in the paint boot drying as I type this (the avatar is a picture of a 1/64 version I had made  ;) ) and last year when I decided to do this project I wanted IBM and it will have white stripes, the pictures I had taken in the paint booth, don't do it justice. 

I had not seen or heard about any other IBM Camaro's  till now

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
    Earl has new gears, but the TKO is leaking......back to Keisler for warranty work.......
    Ed, did you get the 5-speed or the 6-speed ?
    I'm thinking of going for the 5-speed in the Vette .... seems a 6-speed would be too much shifting.

Leave a comment:

• Bucky67
    replied

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
    Earl has new gears, but the TKO is leaking......back to Keisler for warranty work.......
    Ed, that sucks that your TKO is leaking. I haven't had one single issue from my transmission. In fact, I was just talking to Keisler a few weeks ago, ordering a new shifter upgrade for Jade. I Loved the transmission so much that I've convinced a good friend of mine back up in Missouri to convert his car with their Classic True Fit Kit...

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed
    As of this moment there is nothing to be done to the Camaro except for a front end alignment. But it is stilll a long way from HRPT and I am sure that I will find something that needs to be tweaked before we go.
    Damn you would have to bring up a wheel alignment.
    Hell, I had my car apart, and together, and apart, and I reused the front end from when my car had been sitting for 17 years in a barn resting. All the suspension was tight so i greased stuff, replaced ball joints, and sort of ah, um, stuck new wheels and tires and didn't get the alignment done. Still drives straight, but I should probably have that done... :-\

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X