Clear All

• RAIV70Judge
    replied
    Lookin good Andrew!

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Seat fun!

I went out to a local interior shop here in Omaha, and bought new material and foam backing {head liner material} and a couple cans of 3M super 77 contact glue for around $60 total.

I laid the material out, and glued the new material to the foam.
    {New material is for the bolster areas, as I am using some material from my T bird seats and using new material as needed.

{At this point-I did not take pictures of me slicing and dicing the Tbird covers. Sorry}

Using the center sections off the Tbird seat covers, and patterns, I cut out the new panels:

Shot of the inner bolsters sewed on the center section:

Next was sewing of the lower side pieces below the bolster:

Front cover done:

Shot of the early 1950's Singer sewing machine. This unit is basically the first step down from an industrial Singer machine produced in that era for medium work. The foam backed material, with a new needle, did pretty good. This unit has mote nuts to it than my Mom's 60's all metal machine.

Action shot of machine! :D

At this point, the front covers are done:

So, next step was pinning of the covers to the foam so I could get a better idea if any alterations were needed:

At this point, the sides have been sewed on one of the fronts. All that is left is to finish the tops, where the transition is to the center of the cover:

At this point, I am using a special fabric marker on the inside of the material and tracing out the joint point of the seam. I then traced out 3/8-1/2 inch for material to be backed together and sewn by my buddy Brian.

And, fronts are done:

Next step it to go to a tack/interior shop, and get the sides sewn to the grey backs. Due to material thickness on the backs, I have to seek out a shop with a heavy machine as the machines we have can't handle the abuse.

More to follow.

Leave a comment:

• TonyFields
    replied
    Adjust the valves...they are Hyd. but I'm using adjustable roller rockers. They haven't been
    touched since the build. 4000 miles on the engine now.

Make a panel to fill up the hole in the hood under the scoop
    in case it rains. Already got this designed. Carry in the trunk..easy to install if
    necessary.

Weld a couple of bungs on the down pipes so the carb can be tuned in.....12.4 mpg now
    That's all at this time.

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied
    Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
    I mention I got chrome, right? Right....

Now thats one fine looking tail......
    Last edited by 66Fury3; April 26, 2011, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Earl is ready. So are we.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Chrome looks real nice Andrew - did you sleep with them before installation ?
    Only a car guy would carry his bumpers in the house and put them on the bed !

Leave a comment:

• Phoneguy
    replied
    I think I'm as about done as I'm going to get. I have electric fans on and the a/c working, and now I'm driving the car to work to try and chase out any gremlins that might be there.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    I mention I got chrome, right? Right....
    Starting on the assembly:

I ran into an issue on the rear bumper brackets. Nothing like chopping my powder coated brackets to fit the bumpers.

Bumpers installed:

Still working on the front:

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Fronts of the seat uppers are done! Need to take to a tack shop and have them sewed up by an industrial machine.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Been getting material glued to foam, cut, and prepped for sewing with the help of my buddy bring an one of his more industrial 50's Singer sewing machines.
    Still have a bunch of crap to do. Maybe I should just leave the gears out back...but something about this again...and like 136 miles for 16 gallons of gas...

Leave a comment:

• rexdogg
    replied
    car back and ready to go....not enough time to do seats, but.....plugs, oil/filter, valve adjustment, valve cover gaskets, cap/rotor, couple of plug wires bad, new plugs, clutch adjustment, found distributor gear bad (replaced), timing adjusted....good to go...rexx

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied
    I dropped my seats off today at the upholstery shop.... Two weeks from now I will have my new Red seats and I should get my door panels from Legendary around the same time.....

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Re: Prep for your stuff for 2011?

About time George!
    Been spending time on the GTS. Bumpers are smooth, and ON THE GTS!!

Spent some time today with one of the front seats. I am...well, I am pretty much at my whits end with this upholstery stuff.
    Tried you sew some of the material, with a machine my buddy brought down...yeah, does not like it.
    Tried to match up some of the panels to cut. Material not long enough.
    Insert glaring batch of cussing HERE.

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied

I'm starting to think about getting our GP out of storage................

Leave a comment:

• 66Fury3
    replied

Just ordered new Door Panels and Seat covers..... But I need to do this first.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X