Prep for your stuff for 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prep for your stuff for 2011?

Well I need to install 700 transmission, I got a converter for it and the parts I need for it will be here tomorrow. I would like to get the a/c working. I also would like to change the valve springs.
    79 malibu that hopefully makes it for 3000 miles

Made it with no breakdowns, missing 2012

Comment

A Keisler TKO-600 OD manual 5-speed would be awesome, but it is not a need, it is a want ....
      :D

... probably ain't gonna happen this year though.
      :-\

Comment

Hello, i'm new to the board and planning my first power tour in 2011. Any advice for a first timer? What to check out and what to bring along? I'm driving my 1974 Charger 440. This is what I am working on now. Replacing radiator and adding a/c. Repack front wheel bearings and replace rear bearings. Swap 3.55 rear gear for 3.23 or 2.94? Bring all credit cards for gas? haha!! Thanks, looking forward to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by thrillbilly
          Hello, i'm new to the board and planning my first power tour in 2011.
          Any advice for a first timer? What to check out and what to bring along?
          Welcome to our world thrillbilly !

Obviously those questions have been asked before, so here is a link to a First Time Power Tour Questions thread;

Here is a link to a Power Tour "Road Trip Kit" Includes ... thread;

Comment

Originally posted by 88pony
            #1.Tko install
            #2 freshen up motor
            #3 fix a/c and cruise again....maybe
            #4 drive like hell
            Yes, and hopefully no wheel bearing failure for you this go around! >

And, this year, I hope to remember to not keep calling you "Matt" :-X

As far as first time stuff, my wife and I did last year...I was literally still putting my car together Saturday due to a number of last minute problems...missed the kick off pretty much, but made it in 1:30am sat morning. All I can say is while my painter helped me out a ton...getting my car back, apart, with 7 full days to reassemble a car...not what I want to do again.

This year, I am buying a basic aluminum racing jack for the trip this time. I packed about everything except a floor jack.
            I bought a small bottle jack for $12 at wallyworld, but the more I think about it, I don't trust that thing.
            Andrew
            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Thanks for pointing me to those excellent threads!!

Comment

Jade is ready to roll if this thing started tomorrow. However, with that being said, there are a few things I wouldn't mind accomplishing:

1- Pull Engine and repaint the entire motor to match the car.
                2- While engine is out, replace oil pan gasket with a 1-piece
                3- Replace fuel sending unit
                4- Replace/Rebuild guage cluster
                5- Install new radio and speakers
                6- Replace steering column with a tilt wheel column
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67
                  Jade is ready to roll if this thing started tomorrow. However, with that being said, there are a few things I wouldn't mind accomplishing:

1- Pull Engine and repaint the entire motor to match the car.
                  2- While engine is out, replace oil pan gasket with a 1-piece
                  3- Replace fuel sending unit
                  4- Replace/Rebuild guage cluster
                  5- Install new radio and speakers
                  6- Replace steering column with a tilt wheel column
                  Bucky...lets just make sure the car is mostly back together before tour this time so matt can rest up for tour!
                  Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Yes, and hopefully no wheel bearing failure for you this go around! >

And, this year, I hope to remember to not keep calling you "Matt" :-X

As far as first time stuff, my wife and I did last year...I was literally still putting my car together Saturday due to a number of last minute problems...missed the kick off pretty much, but made it in 1:30am sat morning. All I can say is while my painter helped me out a ton...getting my car back, apart, with 7 full days to reassemble a car...not what I want to do again.

This year, I am buying a basic aluminum racing jack for the trip this time. I packed about everything except a floor jack.
                    I bought a small bottle jack for $12 at wallyworld, but the more I think about it, I don't trust that thing.

[/quote]

Andrew, one thing we always take with us is a floor jack. It has come in handy more than once!!
                    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Ok here goes.

Remove exhaust and gut cats.
                      Install driveshaft loop.
                      Install traction bars.
                      Larger crank pulley for more boost.
                      New plugs.
                      New tune to support more boost.

Nothing to it. ;D
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

??? Ok everyone listen up we are doing the power tour not a world tour.Your car or truck will make it !!!!!!!!!!! : :
                        Danny/Zachary
                        HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Oh, I know it will make it. I just want to make it faster. ;D
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Don't we all want to make them faster????
                            OH YEAH
                            Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Replace the clutch with a better hydraulic clutch
                              fix speedometer
                              teach Evan how to drive a stick
                              clean

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon
                                ??? Ok everyone listen up we are doing the power tour not a world tour.Your car or truck will make it !!!!!!!!!!! : :
                                Yeah, thats what I said last year and I didn't get outta my home state! I did buy a cheapo jack when we broke. Wallymart special-Weighs about fourty lbs. and I wouldn't trust it to lift my luggage. Put that on the list.
                                Andrew, no worries-thats why we got nametags!

Comment

Working...
                                X