Prep for your stuff for 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prep for your stuff for 2011?

Finish floor pan replacement, install carpet. And balance the drive shaft. I think it is the cause of my vibration
    It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

: Make sure that your pinion angle is correct also :
      Danny/Zachary
      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Originally posted by 63 falcon

Thanks. I did not think of that . The drive shaft and yokes seem to be inline by eye but i'll check with my angle finder. I replaced the front yoke and trans tailshaft bushing which were both badley worn, also u joints. I definately get a drive line vibration at around 55 to 60 mph.
        It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

I took the rims off the GN and swapped them onto the Chevelle. They look pretty good, but I'd like to find a way to make some SS centers for the wheels. I put the stock SS rims in storage, and I'll put the GNX style rims back on the GN.

Powertour off/on since 2002
          sigpic

Comment

WOW!!!! That looks great James!! No need for SS caps.
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

James...one word...Ebay
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

James, those rims look swwwwweeeeeeeeet on the Chevelle. You gotta bring that beast on the Power Tour! You keep teasing us with those pictures. I want to see it in person...... ;D
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

Thanks guys! Rett, I emailed a guy on Ebay about some he was selling.. we'll see..

Bucky, I still have some decisions to make regarding tour this year. If I'm not splitting rooms with my brother I may not be doing as much as I hoped. We'll see..

Powertour off/on since 2002
                  sigpic

Comment

Understandable, but do what ya can.
                    Either way, GNX or Chevelle, can't argue with the ride.
                    Personally...I favor the GNX this case. Those cars are 8)cool.

Man, $362 for my new valve cover setup.
                    Now I need to get a half way decent air cleaner setup.
                    Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Re: Prep for your stuff for 2011?

I think I am going to swap out the TH350 in the 71 for a 200 4r. I might swap the engine for something a bit tamer as well (got a 350 roller cam block and some vortec heads laying around). That and maybe do some dynamat if I have time. I won't be home till the beginning of may to start working on it. If gas prices are as high as they are saying they will be the transmission will almost pay for itself in this one 2500 mile trip.

Comment

That is why I am going to drop out my 3.50/3.73 and change it over to either the 2.75 member sitting in the 9" sitting in my driveway {Yes : I have had one of two spare 9" axles sitting in my driveway covered behind the trash cans for like 6 months...}
                        Might see about getting some 3.00 gears and freshen my factory N case. Thinking about it, I am going to get new u joints, because I was getting a bad vibration at 60-70 mph right before I parked the GTS.
                        Might actually get my police brakes on too!
                        Ah, how many days do we have to go?
                        Andrew
                        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Don't worry Andrew, you can do all that stuff the night before you leave. ;) ;D
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by bishir
                            The car looks great James!!

Originally posted by BluLightning
                            Don't worry Andrew, you can do all that stuff the night before you leave. ;) ;D
                            Thats usually how it works for me!! ;)
                            HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                            DW- 12,16,17
                            "Stay thirsty my friends"
                            The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by 64falconsix
                              Originally posted by 63 falcon

Thanks. I did not think of that . The drive shaft and yokes seem to be inline by eye but i'll check with my angle finder. I replaced the front yoke and trans tailshaft bushing which were both badley worn, also u joints. I definately get a drive line vibration at around 55 to 60 mph.
                              I'm sure you've done this before, but just in case....by "in line" that hopefully means about a 4* down at trans end and 4* up at differential end. 8)
                              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

: Replaced rear brake line block and lines.Ordering new steering wheel Monday , New hidden ignition switch.They were dirty . ???
                                Danny/Zachary
                                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X