Prep for your stuff for 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Prep for your stuff for 2011?

The van is now in the "red-zone" (on jack stands). Pulled the axles to change out the u-joints. I hope that cures the reareand noise.
    Non-denominational car nut.
    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
    Do you go all the way?

Comment

Getting another car...dumping my Magnum.
      John
      2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
      Detroit-Muskegon 2012
      Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Swapped out the fox body bucket to test fit in the GTS, and got the back seat set installed.
        The "new bucket" seat sucks. :-\

Back to square one.
        Going to take and use a mark 7 upper seat with the XR7 lower seat frame, and make new covers from material to match the back seat set.
        Joy. More sewing.
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

My front seats are in need of some work. You interested Andrew??? ;D
          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
          DW- 12,16,17
          "Stay thirsty my friends"
          The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Trouble in paradise?

Originally posted by Jarlaxle
            Getting another car...dumping my Magnum.
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Yeah, it's called "I'm sick to death of monthly payments". I'm at the point of just calling the bank & telling them to come get it.

It's also called "getting hit with a whopping excise tax bill for eight hundred dollars". I like the car, but the money is just too much. Buying this car was the stupidest thing i have ever done.
              John
              2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
              Detroit-Muskegon 2012
              Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge
                Matt-
                On the older cars, hell man, buy a seat cover set, and hog ring kit with pliers.
                This late model stuff, that is when it starts to suck.

I am taking a 1989 mark 7 lincoln seat back upper, using a 1988 XR7 lower. I need to buy foam, and source a new driver's seat hinge with the recliner/tilt handle. Chucking the electric and going full manual on this stuff.
                {Anyone got some fox body buckets laying around??}
                Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                  Originally posted by RAIV70Judge
                  Matt-
                  On the older cars, hell man, buy a seat cover set, and hog ring kit with pliers.
                  This late model stuff, that is when it starts to suck.

I am taking a 1989 mark 7 lincoln seat back upper, using a 1988 XR7 lower. I need to buy foam, and source a new driver's seat hinge with the recliner/tilt handle. Chucking the electric and going full manual on this stuff.
                  {Anyone got some fox body buckets laying around??}
                  I did recover my seats, but man, they are very uncomfortable!! I know where there are some fox body seats, what are you needing?
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Just ordered new Door Panels and Seat covers..... But I need to do this first.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                    1966 Plymouth Fury III
                    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I'm starting to think about getting our GP out of storage................
                      200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

About time George!
                        Been spending time on the GTS. Bumpers are smooth, and ON THE GTS!!

Spent some time today with one of the front seats. I am...well, I am pretty much at my whits end with this upholstery stuff.
                        Tried you sew some of the material, with a machine my buddy brought down...yeah, does not like it.
                        Tried to match up some of the panels to cut. Material not long enough.
                        Insert glaring batch of cussing HERE.
                        Andrew

Comment

• I dropped my seats off today at the upholstery shop.... Two weeks from now I will have my new Red seats and I should get my door panels from Legendary around the same time.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                          1966 Plymouth Fury III
                          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• car back and ready to go....not enough time to do seats, but.....plugs, oil/filter, valve adjustment, valve cover gaskets, cap/rotor, couple of plug wires bad, new plugs, clutch adjustment, found distributor gear bad (replaced), timing adjusted....good to go...rexx

Comment

• Been getting material glued to foam, cut, and prepped for sewing with the help of my buddy bring an one of his more industrial 50's Singer sewing machines.
                              Still have a bunch of crap to do. Maybe I should just leave the gears out back...but something about this again...and like 136 miles for 16 gallons of gas...
                              Andrew

Comment

• Fronts of the seat uppers are done! Need to take to a tack shop and have them sewed up by an industrial machine.
                                Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X