No announcement yet.

Prep for your stuff for 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mention I got chrome, right? Right....
    Starting on the assembly:

I ran into an issue on the rear bumper brackets. Nothing like chopping my powder coated brackets to fit the bumpers.

Bumpers installed:

Still working on the front:
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• I think I'm as about done as I'm going to get. I have electric fans on and the a/c working, and now I'm driving the car to work to try and chase out any gremlins that might be there.
      79 malibu that hopefully makes it for 3000 miles

Made it with no breakdowns, missing 2012

Comment

• Chrome looks real nice Andrew - did you sleep with them before installation ?
        Only a car guy would carry his bumpers in the house and put them on the bed !
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Earl is ready. So are we.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
            I mention I got chrome, right? Right....

Now thats one fine looking tail......
            Last edited by 66Fury3; April 26, 2011, 07:05 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

• Adjust the valves...they are Hyd. but I'm using adjustable roller rockers. They haven't been
              touched since the build. 4000 miles on the engine now.

Make a panel to fill up the hole in the hood under the scoop
              in case it rains. Already got this designed. Carry in the trunk..easy to install if
              necessary.

Weld a couple of bungs on the down pipes so the carb can be tuned in.....12.4 mpg now
              That's all at this time.
              PT 2005, PT 2006,
              PT 2007, PT 2010 Long Haul,
              PT 2011 Long Haul
              , PT 2012 One Stop
              The 'Cuda will be at The Dynomax Booth
              sigpic

Comment

• Seat fun!

I went out to a local interior shop here in Omaha, and bought new material and foam backing {head liner material} and a couple cans of 3M super 77 contact glue for around $60 total.

I laid the material out, and glued the new material to the foam.
                {New material is for the bolster areas, as I am using some material from my T bird seats and using new material as needed.

{At this point-I did not take pictures of me slicing and dicing the Tbird covers. Sorry}

Using the center sections off the Tbird seat covers, and patterns, I cut out the new panels:

Shot of the inner bolsters sewed on the center section:

Next was sewing of the lower side pieces below the bolster:

Front cover done:

Shot of the early 1950's Singer sewing machine. This unit is basically the first step down from an industrial Singer machine produced in that era for medium work. The foam backed material, with a new needle, did pretty good. This unit has mote nuts to it than my Mom's 60's all metal machine.

Action shot of machine! :D

At this point, the front covers are done:

So, next step was pinning of the covers to the foam so I could get a better idea if any alterations were needed:

At this point, the sides have been sewed on one of the fronts. All that is left is to finish the tops, where the transition is to the center of the cover:

At this point, I am using a special fabric marker on the inside of the material and tracing out the joint point of the seam. I then traced out 3/8-1/2 inch for material to be backed together and sewn by my buddy Brian.

And, fronts are done:

Next step it to go to a tack/interior shop, and get the sides sewn to the grey backs. Due to material thickness on the backs, I have to seek out a shop with a heavy machine as the machines we have can't handle the abuse.

More to follow.
                Andrew

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

• Lookin good Andrew!
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Thanks Matt. I dropped the seats off at a local shop so they could do fitment and sew the back covers.
                    Mel was not enthused about the $150 or so I am dropping but needs to be done.
                    Andrew

Comment

• I was going to replace the buckets in the Judge with something more comfortable, but with everything going on right now, I'm not sure I'll have the time.
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post
                        Thanks Matt. I dropped the seats off at a local shop so they could do fitment and sew the back covers.
                        Mel was not enthused about the $150 or so I am dropping but needs to be done.
                        Andrew, tell Mel you are getting off cheep..... My rebuild and recover for my seats is $1,600.... If anyone remembers the buckets seats I had in 2009 they will know why I went back to a bench seat......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                        1966 Plymouth Fury III
                        2014 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

• I remember them - brought new meaning to rock and roll.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Oh, trust me Ed...I was fully aware of the costs. I originally was quoted $1k as an estimate to rework just the uppers on these mark7 seats.
                            No one makes a cover kit for them, so I had to make due.
                            I was going to just buy aftermarket Procar buckets...but didn't like the looks of any of them.
                            Looked at some late model GT mustang seats, but around here, $800+ for a nice set.
                            I only pissed away over 5 years $400 on junk yard sets.
                            Andrew

Comment

• Well ,hood and decklid are off the camaro scuffed and getting ready for paint. Ill try and get pics tonight . Man these hoods are nice and light ,aluminum is nice !
                              Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

• I looked at the same seats you did Andrew.... Really don't look right for the fury, so I found a bench seat on Craig's list and I bit the bullet to get the upholstery done... Prices here in Tampa went from 3500 to the 1600 for the place that I'm getting it done at......
                                Last edited by 66Fury3; April 29, 2011, 05:56 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                                2014 Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X