2011 Trans Am Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Trans Am Convertible

Have you seen the new 2011 TA convertible that was introduced at SEMA?! It's based on a Camaro, and is supposed to start production in March 2011. Go to www.transamdepot.com to see pics!! It's sweeeeeet! ;D
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Re: 2011 Trans Am Convertible

I saw it at SEMA, looked great. 8)

To bad GM got rid of the Pontiac Division.
    Kinda hard to sell Trans-am's if you don't have a brand anymore....... :o
    There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

Its not a pontiac, its a crapmaro plain and simple, you can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig people. Pontiac died the day they put a cheby engine in it

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59
        Have you seen the new 2011 TA convertible that was introduced at SEMA?! It's based on a Camaro, and is supposed to start production in March 2011. Go to www.transamdepot.com to see pics!! It's sweeeeeet! ;D
        they are building a version right here in Tallahassee. They are awesome. My buddy Jim is one of the owners (you met him at the finish line party he was driving either the drk green 442 or the olive green 71 GTO) They have sold one to Paul Tetel (sp) and another to Burt Reynolds. Jim asked me if I wanted to drive to the airport with him to pick up Burt a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't able get out of work . . . dagnabit !

At this point they are a little pricey for our budget, but Jim said at SEMA they had LOTS of interest !

The 1200 hp twin turbo version would probably be good for you

Dreamin right along with ya DTB
        DTB - RETIRED

Comment

I'll stick with my 2000 trans am convertible
          2007 Power Tour Long Haul
          2008 Power Tour Long Haul
          2009 Canadian Points East Tour
          2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
          2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
          2012 Power Tour Long Haul
          2012 Northeast Rod Run
          2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

They did the same thing at the 2009 SEMA show, made a bandit car. Have to agree with Chief on this one, it's really too bad they killed Pontiac. Nice looking car though.

Linda 8)

Comment

Mercury is gone now too .... they keep getting rid of the wrong marque's and keeping the base brands !!
              :P

Comment

??? ??? cut the top off a Camaro and there you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Danny/Zachary
                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

The badging would say Pontiac Trans Am, but the registration slip would say Chevrolet. I'll pass and keep my real pontiac trans ams.
                  Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Didn't mean to start a debate about Pontiac versus Chevy, I just think it's a cool-looking car!!! What Pontiac might have been able to do if they had not deleted the brand!
                    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I agree with you, GM did not make one of their best decisions on eliminating pontiac. It used to be one of their peformance divisions and did quite well until some of their new management screwed it up.

I have a great video about pontiac history, i'll look that up and post it here.

Comment

Here you go Doug. You had sent it to me and I still have it..
                        http://MuscleCarFilms.com/ for some great Pontiac DVD's!Pontiac meant performance and style, from the 1950's all the way up to their unexpected cancellation ...

I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72
                          Here you go Doug. You had sent it to me and I still have it..
                          http://MuscleCarFilms.com/ for some great Pontiac DVD's!Pontiac meant performance and style, from the 1950's all the way up to their unexpected cancellation ...

Yup, thats the one Rett. Great video. Tragic though the stupid decisions of the idiot they put in charge. Oh well. but great video, nicely done.

Comment

i first saw this in class yesterday on my laptop and my english teacher saw me on it and started yelling at me then he got close enough to see the car and then he was like ahhh man thats awesome i understand now why you were on that site
                            ahhh i love my english teacher now hes awesome
                            hes got a 35th anniversery camaro with an ls2 in it with a procharger, hes only driven it to school once, i drooled on it, alot,
                            The youngest guy on the board
                            76 vega
                            86 fiero

Comment

Hey Camino Girl,
                              I tried to PM ya, but I guess you don't have the old email address I have for you. I wanted to send you some pix of the T/A's here in Tallahassee. Paul Senior, from OCC, came to town last week to pick up the Beautiful Black FireHawk and decided he wanted the the White (done in a 70 look) T/A also. When they told him it was already sold, he raised a fit. As the TV show reveals he doesn't like not getting his way !

I am hoping to go for a ride in Jim's as soon as they get it put together. Hope I don't have to throw a temper tantrum like . . . never mind. Working with the stars has got to be a challenging endeavor.

If ya win the lottery come on down and Jim will fix ya right up !

Still Dreamin DTB
                              DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                              X