Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power Tour RV?

Originally posted by STINEY
    You want to have an absolute ball, get that last one running & stopping dependably, clean up the interior to your liking......AND DO NOTHING TO THE EXTERIOR!

Do PT with the moss and everything. Guarenteed good time. I double-dog dare ya!
    Mosspar Tour - what'll they think of next ?
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

That would be so cool...... You might even have an area on it where it can be signed too....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I heard from my friend that the guy with the Moss-Travco is a complete nut job and getting the RV is slim to none.

This is what I wanna do eventually......

This classic coach has a NEW OWNER! *sniff!* Jeremy, I hope it brings you as much enjoyment for you as it did us. May you have smooth roads and clear highway...
        Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
        www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

I love it when the girls say that -

That puppy took right off too.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

This would be awesome.

Comment

Pretty sweet. I've never seen one with all the stainless.

BTW Squirrel on this board has a Travco. Not sure where he's at with it, but he's on here too http://www.travco.org/

I was looking at Travcos once, there seems to be total beaters available along with ones that have been cared for all their lives. The wife caught me checking one out once and put an end to that though. She hates the "marshmallow" back end, which reminds her of a trailer we once had where admittedly some bad associations might originate. I'm sure if she saw the above pic she'd change her mind.

A motorhome like that can be a big, big project in all ways. Every tiny thing may need to be gone through, as we're having to do with the '75 Superior we eventually wound up with (which is a rather squarish steel body, on a Dodge chassis similar to what Travco used). Fortunately most construction/wiring/plumbing was house-quality in those days, not the chintzy plastic common in the eighties. Wood, however, will rot and break up, and so may fiberglass.

I'm concerned about towing with any of those chassis. There is a huge rear overhang and that's going to have a bad dynamic...but to me, being able to tow is half the reason to get a motorhome. At least try to get 19.5 tires, not 16s.

Comment

Squirrel is in way south Arizona, got our 83 Z28 from him.

Linda 8)

Comment

Look at what I found... And it is for sale. I have to call back in a month to see what they are asking.

Comment

Oooh, sexy.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

??? Oh I dont know,wash/wax looks like it would be ready to go,call me crazy ???
                      Danny/Zachary
                      HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Why a month....is that so they can find another one to live out of?
                        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GTpilot88
                          Why a month....is that so they can find another one to live out of?
                          Haha, no. It is the guys parents and they are in Hawaii til Mid-February.

A few more pics....

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                          X