Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POWER TOUR OUTTA AFRICA

HI FORUM MEMBERS
    WE ARE 6 GUYS.MEMBERS OF CAPE TOWN STEET ROD CLUB. WE WILL BE JOING THE POWER TOUR AND NEED TO REGISTER THE VEHICLE WE ARE USING.UNFORTUNATELY NONE OF US WILL BE SHIPPING OUR OWN CARS DUE TO EXPENSE.HOWEVER A FREIND IN THE US HAS LOANED US A CHRYSLER MINIVAN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR. WE ARE WORRIED THAT THE VAN DOES NOT MEET THE PT GRADE!
    WE ARE THE LONGHAULERS!
    ANYWAY ANY SUGGESTIONS TO WHAT WE CAN DO TO ELIMENATE GETTING PUSHED OUTA LINE IN THE VAN. ITS A STOCK VAN AND WONT LOOK LIKE IT BELONGS. SECONDLY CAN ANYBODY ADVISE AS FAR AS INSURANCE GOES?WHO CAN WE CONTACT?WHAT DOES IT ENTAIL?
    CARS BETWEEN THE 6 OF US ARE;95 Z28,67 CAMARO SS,56 CHEVY STEPSIDE,71 BOSS 429,84 TRANS AM,89 CALLAWAY CORVETTE,69 MUSTANG TWISTER,95 Z28,55 CHEVY POST,57 CHEVY BEL AIR,68 FIREBIRD 350,66 CHEVELLE SS PLUS 4 MORE IN PROGRESS!
    AS U CAN SEE WE HAVE A FORMIDABLE COLLECTION FOR 6 GUYS ALL THE WAY IN AFRICA!
    GIVE US A HAND, POWER TOUR VETERANS!

Re: POWER TOUR OUTTA AFRICA

Welcome aboard. You can drive whatever you want on the Power Tour except for rental cars. If you want to make it cooler, then make a sign explaining why you are driving this and maybe have some 8X10 pictures of your cars and put them on the windows for everyone to see.
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Make sure that all extra room in the van is occupied with adult beverages and I doubt anyone will object to your participation (especially if you share : )

Comment

As far as insurance, the owner of the car should be able to insure it in his name. As long as he gives you permission to drive it, you should be covered. Have the owner install a K&N air filter, make it sound a little better.
        Good Luck
        Gary
        67 GTO HT
        66 SS 396 Convert(undergoing complete resto)

Comment

Welcome to the Tour arlindo, the van will be fine to register for the Power Tour, as long as it has current registration, license plates and the driver has proof of vehicle insurance.

You will all be made very welcome, but as stated, there are small and easy things you can do to show your loyalty to hot rodding. Another suggestion is to print some cheap business cards with your details to hand out to the new friends you meet.

And remember to have fun !!

Comment

Welcome, this is getting to be a international tour. One group from England, and now one from Africa. Hope to meet you on the tour.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Yup welcome along from the brits, we have done a simaler thing only i bought a car and have had a friend register it for us

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                Welcome, this is getting to be a international tour. One group from England, and now one from Africa. Hope to meet you on the tour.
                Don't forget our friends from canada, very likly the one gentle man from iceland and the couple of nut from amsterdam.
                HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

.. and Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                    .. and Australia.
                    There was an Aussie who wanted to do the Tour showed up on the old Hot Rod Forum just before The Great Leap Backward, has he shown up here?
                    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the tour!
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Let say WELCOME TO THE ROCK to all of our international fellow car crazy friends! Please let me know if I can assist you in any way particularly while you are in Little Rock, AR. Please visit www.cruisinlittlerock.com or www.littlerockcom for info on our great city and state, as well as the 2nd Annual Cruisapalooza. By the way, I extend an invite to all of you and your van is more than welcome in the structured parade Friday, June 6th. C

Comment

this is so cool. a truely international event. i hope to have a chance to meet up with your group and all of our international freinds.
                          last year, my Mustang went bad, 2 hours before i was to leave. so i had no choice but to take the Escape. passing thru Atlanta, i stopped at Summitt and picked up a chrome exhaust tip, "cobra" emblems for the side (installed backwords, off course) and a little model of a ford 427. then i could tell people the Escape had a big block in it. add some stickers and a sense of humor and have a good time.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                          X