HAPPY RETIREMENT DANNY!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAPPY RETIREMENT DANNY!!!!

Day 1 of retirement and no more work, congratulations! :-* If you run out of projects just hire yourself out on the forum! Enjoy! :D

Linda 8)

Re: HAPPY RETIREMENT DANNY!!!!

: Thank you : I have three car projects any no honey do jobs :
    Danny/Zachary
    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Welcome to the party Danny !!
      ;)

Comment

congrats Danny.....I am unfortunately on the "work-until-you-die" program. I saw that ant and grasshopper thing, but I didn't get it.
        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

I'm rowing the same boat Mike. Good for you Danny.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Congrats Danny! I've got a "few" more years before I can do that. ;)
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Join the Club Danny,but it is more work than you think...
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Congratulations Danny.

What ant.......? :D
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Congratulations Danny ;D

And what grasshopper??
                  Donna
                  Williamston, MI
                  Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Danny, you made it!! Congratulations, enjoy!!
                    200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                    Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Guess I was a day early Danny, but what a great Christmas present retirement will be!

Linda 8)

Comment

Aesop
                        The fable concerns a grasshopper who has spent the warm months singing away while the ant (or ants in some editions) worked to store up food for winter. When winter arrives, the grasshopper finds itself dying of hunger, and upon asking the ant for food is only rebuked for its idleness. The story is used to teach the virtues of hard work and saving, and the perils of improvidence. Some versions of the fable state a moral at the end, along the lines of: "Idleness brings want", "To work today is to eat tomorrow", "Prepare for want before it comes".

WHAT??

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd
                          Aesop
                          The fable concerns a grasshopper who has spent the warm months singing away while the ant (or ants in some editions) worked to store up food for winter. When winter arrives, the grasshopper finds itself dying of hunger, and upon asking the ant for food is only rebuked for its idleness. The story is used to teach the virtues of hard work and saving, and the perils of improvidence. Some versions of the fable state a moral at the end, along the lines of: "Idleness brings want", "To work today is to eat tomorrow", "Prepare for want before it comes".

WHAT??
                          Mike, I'm pretty sure Ed and Mike were being sarcastic;).
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

most certainly they were, but for all those under 30 that may have never heard it(as evidenced by the work ethic i see out there) i wanted to share. ;D

Comment

I know not of what you speak... :

or

Just couldn't help myself... ;D
                              Donna
                              Williamston, MI
                              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Working...
                              X