Need info...why register?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info...why register?

I am a 40 year Hot Rod subscriber but Power Tour newbie. Looks like this year I might be able to actually come along at least for part of the tour (still have to work, unfortunately). I'd like to catch the tour in Ames and drive remainder. What is the advantage of registering? I'm not sure what registered means. Why not just drive along? It's not the money...I'm just curious and would like to go ahead and register if it makes sense for doing at least part of the tour this year. Thanks!!

Re: Need info...why register?

The freebies, and the parking, you need to have cridentials. The hats and t-shirts are worth the fee.
    Living the dream!

Comment

Hey, thanks for the comeback. My ride is apart but I'm closing in on getting it back together and have a buddy who is going to bring his 62' Biscayne (gramma car with some extra horses) along as well. We're lookin' forward to the trip! Take care...

Comment

Closer parking to the action, free stuff, some stops provide meal tickets, still up to the person. Then there is supporting their expenses to do this too... Whatever, it's a blast!

Comment

All the stuff you get is handy for describing the trip and as mementos.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by black409
            Why not just drive along? It's not the money...
            You could just drive along and be an observer, but if it's not the money ($65 for the whole week, less for partial tour), then why not join in and enjoy the fun as a participant?

Comment

White Monster

I see you have a 1963 Nova SS... Me too... My step-son will be taking mine on PT with a friend of his, while I'm with a friend in my '93 Camaro. Your Nova going on the tour?

JimSC

Comment

JimSC,

That's the plan.
                I still need to get the lights, turn signals, horn & wipers going.

Mine was manufactured in Oakland, California.
                How about yours?

WM

Comment

Originally posted by black409
                  I am a 40 year Hot Rod subscriber but Power Tour newbie. Looks like this year I might be able to actually come along at least for part of the tour (still have to work, unfortunately). I'd like to catch the tour in Ames and drive remainder. What is the advantage of registering? I'm not sure what registered means. Why not just drive along? It's not the money...I'm just curious and would like to go ahead and register if it makes sense for doing at least part of the tour this year. Thanks!!
                  Listen to the others Black409. All of them are right. I was planning on long hauling this year. But work got in the way. So my son and I will drive the Ames-Rochester-Madison link of PT with the group. I paid the $65 registration fee. It's worth the price...at least to me. This will be my fourth PT.

P.S. - If you feel a bit lost (like I did on my first PT) don't be shy about asking anybody questions. Remember, we're all in this together. See you in Ames.

Comment

Just to reiterate CJP the attitude on the tour is "we're all in this together". I went out to Cleveland solo last year and it was just so easy to start talking to fellow junkies. Now I am hooked and will be doing the long haul. See you on the tour, in Ames or earlier.
                    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

OK guys can anyone help me with this one

There are 4 of us on the tour in one car, i have registered the car so that covers me and one other, do the other 2 guys need to register to enter the competions etc or is there a way to add people to your registration

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief

There are 4 of us on the tour in one car, i have registered the car so that covers me and one other, do the other 2 guys need to register to enter the competions etc or is there a way to add people to your registration
                        Last year (2007) when I asked family events if I could buy 1 extra credential for my daughter - they said yes sir $65 please! So you could buy two sets of credentials for 1 car and be done.

What I did last year was find a kind gentleman (Matt) that was solo and ask him if my daughter could use his extra pass. It worked out just fine. She had her own pass, got to participate in all the contests and giveaways.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                          Originally posted by The Chief

Last year (2007) when I asked family events if I could buy 1 extra credential for my daughter - they said yes sir $65 please! So you could buy two sets of credentials for 1 car and be done.

What I did last year was find a kind gentleman (Matt) that was solo and ask him if my daughter could use his extra pass. It worked out just fine. She had her own pass, got to participate in all the contests and giveaways.

Kind gentleman? You're too kind, I was closer to inebriated idiot that night :D(thanks Derrell).
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I am going on PT with my 6-year-old son this year. But I am not joining the group until Ames. If you can wait for a credential then, I’d be happy to give you one of mine (no charge). If you are merely looking for credentials to get into the grounds, you don't need credentials for everybody in the car. The windshield decal is your IN. If you are interested in my offer, drop me an e-mail and we can hook up in Ames.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, the other guys paid up last night, we are long hauling and coming over from the UK so as i understand to qualify for the long haul certificate you need to be registered at each event etc

Comment

Working...
                              X