X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Re: Need info...why register?

Well, I am stuck with only attending the Lincoln, NE event due to life in general being hell for me right now...I'd like to register, but for me, right now, $65 for a single event is way overkill. It would only be worth it, if I can park my 1972 GTS next to the pure vision 1972 GTS {Gran Torino Sport, that thing is a "Sport", not just a GT!!!} and keep the drooling about 5 feet from the car.
    I'll be stuck blending in with the primered rat rods, however.
    :-\
    If there was plenty of time, I'd take you guys to a yard about an hour south of Lincoln, but knowing the owner, he'll be at the PT shin-dig. Just the a typical old-timey 40 acres of cars going back to the 30's.

Leave a comment:

• onetulsaman
    replied

o and i will be doing the long haul.

Leave a comment:

• onetulsaman
    replied

I will go this far. i already registered for myself and my wife and plan on taking my oldest son along .I dont have to register him but if someone needs credintals i will be willing to get them and sell the second one for half the cost if they need it, You can contact me at [email protected] if you like,

Leave a comment:

• The Chief
    replied

Yup thats what i thought from the reading i have done.

Leave a comment:

• DropTopZ28
    replied

chief you have to have your credentials stamped at each venue.

Leave a comment:

• The Chief
    replied

Thanks for the offer, the other guys paid up last night, we are long hauling and coming over from the UK so as i understand to qualify for the long haul certificate you need to be registered at each event etc

Leave a comment:

• CJP
    replied

I am going on PT with my 6-year-old son this year. But I am not joining the group until Ames. If you can wait for a credential then, I’d be happy to give you one of mine (no charge). If you are merely looking for credentials to get into the grounds, you don't need credentials for everybody in the car. The windshield decal is your IN. If you are interested in my offer, drop me an e-mail and we can hook up in Ames.

Leave a comment:

• Pumpkin
    replied

Originally posted by cstmwgn
    Originally posted by The Chief
    OK guys can anyone help me with this one

There are 4 of us on the tour in one car, i have registered the car so that covers me and one other, do the other 2 guys need to register to enter the competions etc or is there a way to add people to your registration
    Last year (2007) when I asked family events if I could buy 1 extra credential for my daughter - they said yes sir $65 please! So you could buy two sets of credentials for 1 car and be done.

What I did last year was find a kind gentleman (Matt) that was solo and ask him if my daughter could use his extra pass. It worked out just fine. She had her own pass, got to participate in all the contests and giveaways.

Kind gentleman? You're too kind, I was closer to inebriated idiot that night :D(thanks Derrell).

Leave a comment:

• cstmwgn
    replied

Originally posted by The Chief

There are 4 of us on the tour in one car, i have registered the car so that covers me and one other, do the other 2 guys need to register to enter the competions etc or is there a way to add people to your registration
    Last year (2007) when I asked family events if I could buy 1 extra credential for my daughter - they said yes sir $65 please! So you could buy two sets of credentials for 1 car and be done.

What I did last year was find a kind gentleman (Matt) that was solo and ask him if my daughter could use his extra pass. It worked out just fine. She had her own pass, got to participate in all the contests and giveaways.

Leave a comment:

• The Chief
    replied

Leave a comment:

• tcbnj
    replied

Just to reiterate CJP the attitude on the tour is "we're all in this together". I went out to Cleveland solo last year and it was just so easy to start talking to fellow junkies. Now I am hooked and will be doing the long haul. See you on the tour, in Ames or earlier.

Leave a comment:

• CJP
    replied

Originally posted by black409
    I am a 40 year Hot Rod subscriber but Power Tour newbie. Looks like this year I might be able to actually come along at least for part of the tour (still have to work, unfortunately). I'd like to catch the tour in Ames and drive remainder. What is the advantage of registering? I'm not sure what registered means. Why not just drive along? It's not the money...I'm just curious and would like to go ahead and register if it makes sense for doing at least part of the tour this year. Thanks!!
    Listen to the others Black409. All of them are right. I was planning on long hauling this year. But work got in the way. So my son and I will drive the Ames-Rochester-Madison link of PT with the group. I paid the $65 registration fee. It's worth the price...at least to me. This will be my fourth PT.

P.S. - If you feel a bit lost (like I did on my first PT) don't be shy about asking anybody questions. Remember, we're all in this together. See you in Ames.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

JimSC,

That's the plan.
    I still need to get the lights, turn signals, horn & wipers going.

Mine was manufactured in Oakland, California.
    How about yours?

WM

Leave a comment:

• JimSC
    replied

White Monster

I see you have a 1963 Nova SS... Me too... My step-son will be taking mine on PT with a friend of his, while I'm with a friend in my '93 Camaro. Your Nova going on the tour?

JimSC

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied

Originally posted by black409
    Why not just drive along? It's not the money...
    You could just drive along and be an observer, but if it's not the money ($65 for the whole week, less for partial tour), then why not join in and enjoy the fun as a participant?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X