• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: After the 2011 HRPT

Walter P. Chrysler Museum
    One Chrysler Drive
    Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2778 USA
    Saturday Hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

The Walter P. Chrysler Museum is located on the Chrysler Group LLC headquarters complex in Auburn Hills, Michigan, approximately 30 miles north of downtown Detroit. Easily accessible from I-75 at exit 78 (Chrysler Drive), the Museum is located at the southeast corner of the complex, at the intersection of Featherstone and Squirrel Roads.

$8 General admission
    $4 Juniors (6 - 12 years)
    $7 Seniors (62 and older)
    $4 Groups of 15 or more (tour guides provided with advanced registration)

Any Mopar Guy's & Gal's want to gather up and go? Let me know.... Ed

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
    1966 Plymouth Fury III
    2014 Dodge Ram 1500
    Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
    Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Since we have a 19 hour drive home, we will probably be hitting I-80 westbound at a high rate of speed. We both have to be back at work Monday morning. :P

Linda 8)

Comment

Same here unless things line up differently....... :-[
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There is a lot I would like to see in Detroit and also at Harley in Milwaukee, but will probably have to hit the road right after the Long Haul Awards.
          Dannie
          2010 Camaro SS
          Long Haul 2010/2011
          Power Tour 2012 (Stillwater/Arlington/Optima Face Off)

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo
            I found out that the 23rd annual Ontario Camaro Nationals is June 10th 11th 12 2011
            http://www.ontariocamaroclub.com/2011-nationals.php

Sooo when I leave Detroit if I jink a little north on my way home & head for Oshawa, ON I can catch 2 days of this event..
            Well..... Looks like I may end up driving Jade across the border a little North to Join you for the Camaro Nationals. I just found out that is also inconjuction with the 3rd Annual BBOMG- Buyers & Builders Oshawa Meet & Greet. Not only that, but you can also register for a complete tour of the Oshawa Camaro Plant.

Should be one heck of a weekend!!!
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67
              Originally posted by Vsolo
              I found out that the 23rd annual Ontario Camaro Nationals is June 10th 11th 12 2011
              http://www.ontariocamaroclub.com/2011-nationals.php

Sooo when I leave Detroit if I jink a little north on my way home & head for Oshawa, ON I can catch 2 days of this event..
              Well..... Looks like I may end up driving Jade across the border a little North to Join you for the Camaro Nationals. I just found out that is also inconjuction with the 3rd Annual BBOMG- Buyers & Builders Oshawa Meet & Greet. Not only that, but you can also register for a complete tour of the Oshawa Camaro Plant.

Should be one heck of a weekend!!!
              I've been following the OCN & BBOMC, interesting concept, you have two different Camaro groups having their meet at the same place. Check the OCN site, it looks like the Camaro Factory Tour is on Friday (which is the last day of the HRPT) & a day before the Long Haulers day (ie Saturday). I'm leaving to go there on Saturday after the picture. Even the 2 days will be a blast there too.
              So. Central PA
              Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Bill- I am seriously considering the same thing. At first, I thought now way; but after looking at the map, and the fact that I may not have this opportunity again, I'm slowly convincing myself to take one extra day and make this event. I know that I would LOVE to make the Camaro Plant Tour, but I don't see that happening....
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

I mapped it out it is 261 miles or about 5 hours, add 10 to 30 minutes to cross the border Saturday morn.
                  I'm stay nearby the plant in Clarington, ON on the 11, on the 12th after the show I'm heading up the 80 miles to Belleville to stay, & visit some people I met there this past fall. I'll continue east till I hit Rte 81 South & head home on the 13th
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by 66Fury3
                    Walter P. Chrysler Museum
                    One Chrysler Drive
                    Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2778 USA
                    Saturday Hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

The Walter P. Chrysler Museum is located on the Chrysler Group LLC headquarters complex in Auburn Hills, Michigan, approximately 30 miles north of downtown Detroit. Easily accessible from I-75 at exit 78 (Chrysler Drive), the Museum is located at the southeast corner of the complex, at the intersection of Featherstone and Squirrel Roads.

$8 General admission
                    $4 Juniors (6 - 12 years)
                    $7 Seniors (62 and older)
                    $4 Groups of 15 or more (tour guides provided with advanced registration)

Any Mopar Guy's & Gal's want to gather up and go? Let me know.... Ed

We are planning on visiting the Chrysler museum after Long Haul Awards. Count us in.

Comment

Us too!
                      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I've been to both. The Chrysler musuem is a short visit. The Ford musuem is an all day affair and that the one that I want to go. I only spent 4-5 hrs there and didn't get to see it all. If Ford is open on Sunday I'll go to the Chrysler place with ya'll on Saturday and het Henry's place the next day. Otherwise, I'll go to Dearborn after the L/H ceremony. Say, isn't GM gonna let us tour that place (Tech. Center) on Saturday?
                        Non-denominational car nut.
                        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy
                          I've been to both. The Chrysler musuem is a short visit. The Ford musuem is an all day affair and that the one that I want to go. I only spent 4-5 hrs there and didn't get to see it all. If Ford is open on Sunday I'll go to the Chrysler place with ya'll on Saturday and het Henry's place the next day. Otherwise, I'll go to Dearborn after the L/H ceremony. Say, isn't GM gonna let us tour that place (Tech. Center) on Saturday?
                          obviously, i'll miss that tour and head to the Ford Museum. my co pilot might object, but my car/my rules. beside, i visited the vette plant with them last year. :P
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I'd like to go to the Ford museum too. I'll have to seem if my parents are coming into town for the last day of PT. I'm sure my Dad would be into it.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                            X