Hey Matt, how's it shakin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Matt, how's it shakin?

Heard you guys got a good shakin up there!

Found a pic of you and Tina..

Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Re: Hey Matt, how's it shakin?

Its definately shakin around here buddy!!! For those who have not heard, we had a 4.2 magnitude earthquake here in Indiana yesterday!! At the time I was in the shop welding some floor pans, when it felt like the floor was moving under my feet. I thought i was getting dizzy or something, until I saw some stuff on my shelving falling off! Then as fast as it happened it was over. It was centered in the Kokomo-Peru area which is about 20 miles from me!
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Weird feeling isn't it? We don't get them often either but when we do it's pretty crazy.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

James, that is an awesome pictures. The Judge looks good as hell...... 8)
        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

being a pontiac fan and driving 2, i just had to steal this pic as my background. let me know where to send the check for gratuity fees. ;D :D awesome looking car!! i love the old pontiacs.

Comment

Wow! An earthquake in Indiana?

Looks like you have a chance for severe thunderstorms with a threat of tornadoes today. For once, I am glad I live in Kansas.

Glad you're ok. Stay safe and have a happy new year.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

We rearly fell the 4.2 quakes. Be thankful you don't get them in the 6's. They will start to rock your socks off. I'm glad no one was hurt..
              I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72
                We rearly fell the 4.2 quakes. Be thankful you don't get them in the 6's. They will start to rock your socks off. I'm glad no one was hurt..
                Well, if this is true then I am glad we don't have 4.x earthquakes down hear :o

Sorry Brett - just couldn't resist. I am a native SoCaler and agree 100% with your point about getting use to the little ones to where they don't get your attention any longer.

Comment

Oddly enough, there have been a few very minor ones in Nebraska...I guess there is a fault line under Omaha.
                  Out in York, they had one this summer around I want to say 3, and people were checking bridges and such.
                  Basically like a heavy truck driving by on the street, or the vibration from my 410 pound buddy using my bathroom...after he's had beans and sour kraut...
                  Andrew
                  1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                  2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Sorry Matt,This is the best shot I could find...
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Comment

You know James, I was wondering what picture you were talking about. The other day it didnt show up on the screen, but today it did.It really is a great picture...Thanks buddy! Rett, even though it was a small quake, it was the feeling of not knowing what was going on that freaked me out a bit. You guys can keep the 6.0 quakes, I cant imagine the damage done buy one of those! What was the magnitude of the San Fran quake in 89'??
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Um..... a LOT!!! ;D I was pretty young back then but I'll never forget watching it on TV. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I want to say it was something like 6.9.

Certain things that impact your life that you never forget no matter how old/young you were. For example; Space Shuttle Challenger blowing up in 86, the Record setting Tornado's of 99 in Tornado Valley, The Great Floods of 93....
                        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                        - George Orwell

Comment

You guys can keep the 6.0 quakes, I cant imagine the damage done buy one of those! What was the magnitude of the San Fran quake in 89'??
                          [/quote]
                          Bucky was right on with the 6.9 at the World Series game..I was here for the 6.7 that hit Los Angeles on Jan 17,1994. That one threw me out of bed onto the floor. That was some scary stuff..I'm glad every one was OK.
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Comment

Working...
                          X