how come everyone ask me WHY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come everyone ask me WHY?

As I let my friends, family and co-workers know I'll be taking 2 and 1/2 weeks off work to drive from SoCal to Cocoa Beach to Detroit and back to SoCal they all say "WHY? ARE YOU CRAZY? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?"

Why does this sound so fantastic to me but when I give them the route they stair at me?

Am I crazy (and I don't mean because I'm co-piloting with Rett-street72) or do my acquaintances not understand me?

Chuck
    Canyon Lake, CA
    '64 Ford Falcon convertible
    [size=+1]Chuck
    2011 HRPT Long Hauler
    2012 HRPT Long Hauler
    2013 HRPT Long Hauler "to be"

Re: how come everyone ask me WHY?

Maybe they've met some of the rest of us? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
      My thoughts exactly Leon!
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge
        Originally posted by Leon
        My thoughts exactly Leon!
        That's what its all about ;D
        Longhauler 2009,2011
        Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

It is my opinion that a large percentage of the Left Coasters are more than a little off. So they don't understand you eh? Lucky you . . . you are not one "Them" !

Welcome to the mostly unheard, majority of the U.S. That would be us, the middle class. Maybe even lower middle class by today's standards? Where the motto is, "If you have to ask about our hobby, you probably won't understand the answer anyway".

Tell them that there is a big beautiful country out there and you are going to go take a look at it . . . instead of looking at it on the frickin internet ! See what they say to that?

Welcome aboard,

The philosophical and sometimes a little cynical DTB
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

You're making a good vacation choice Chuck, guaranteed.
            This year it's a vacation choice, next year it will be a lifestyle choice.
            Welcome aboard - see ya in June -

Morning Dave - don't worry, Happy Hour is just around the corner brother.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
              You're making a good vacation choice Chuck, guaranteed.
              This year it's a vacation choice, next year it will be a lifestyle choice.
              Welcome aboard - see ya in June -

Morning Dave - don't worry, Happy Hour is just around the corner brother.
              Sorry Brother, haven't had my Bloody Mary yet this morning. Even the bartender spouts off once in a while. Just wanted to step into ChuckCasey's corner and take a swing at a dumb ass work colleague . . . wishing last nite I could have TKO'd the moron on the end bar stool. Thought maybe I could live vicariously through him? Work uhh, is Friday ever going to get here?

Make mine a double DTB

p.s. Absolute please, and throw an olive in there too !
              DTB - RETIRED

Comment

They simply don't get it!!!
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by chuckcasey
                  As I let my friends, family and co-workers know I'll be taking 2 and 1/2 weeks off work to drive from SoCal to Cocoa Beach to Detroit and back to SoCal they all say "WHY? ARE YOU CRAZY? WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?"

Why does this sound so fantastic to me but when I give them the route they stair at me?

Am I crazy (and I don't mean because I'm co-piloting with Rett-street72) or do my acquaintances not understand me?

Chuck
                  Canyon Lake, CA
                  '64 Ford Falcon convertible
                  Who cares what they think ;)
                  Your task in life is to enjoy it to the best of your ability, the way you want to enjoy it. 8)
                  See ya on POWER TOUR ....whoohoo ;D
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Why would anyone not understand the thrill of driving umpteen hours to get to the starting point, driving like mad every day to get to the venue while nursing last night's hangover, then spending half the night hanging out in the parking lot drinking again, then doing it all over the next day, and don't forget going through places that are hotter than the outskirts of hell, walking around looking at 40 million cool cars, meeting a zillion new friends, putting faces to the names on Bangshift, meeting up with the people you've been chatting with on the Forum all year, then driving another umpteen hours to get home, and all too soon it's over for another year. And I can't wait to do it again!!!!!
                    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

My friends and family have never got why I love PT so much. But now that they've seen and heard about the offers of help and support shown to me by my BSPT family, they completely understand. Come on June!
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

they don't get it
                        I come down from the Great White North and do it every so often
                        2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                        2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                        2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                        2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                        2012 Northeast Rod Run
                        2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

??? I dont understand what they dont understand that in June we do the PT.I understand ??? ???
                          Danny/Zachary
                          HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Like Bob's Dad said to him in Dayton in '09.

So it seems like you guys drink a bunch of beer, drive a couple hundred miles, sit around and drink more beer for 7 cities.
                            (or he said something like that) And he pretty much hit it on the head for the abridged version.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

: : Ok ,Lets try this again.Drive 200 miles beer/martini yea that pretty well covers it. : :
                              Danny/Zachary
                              HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X