• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this Tucker.

OH YEAH
    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Re: Check out this Tucker.

:o I have a model of the Tucker on my fire place mantel. I allways thought it was a great car :
    Danny/Zachary
    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

There is a Tucker near us, we had a private showing a couple of years ago. As I understand this was Tucker's wifes car. It is the only one of this color. The car was used in the Tucker movie. Really cool evening and really COOL car!!

200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
      Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

These pictures are fantastic!
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

One of my dream cars. It is also cool from a small guy in to entrepreneur business

Comment

Nice pics George.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

While I was in Madison for the 09 PT, I went to a car restoration shop/museum that was in the process of restoring a Tucker convertible. It was 1 of 1. It was in pieces, found in a barn. They were able to scround enough old parts to put it back together. Phil sent me some photos of the finished car at some show he was at. They had a $1 million dollar price tag on the unfinished car for the finished car then.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldlar
                While I was in Madison for the 09 PT, I went to a car restoration shop/museum that was in the process of restoring a Tucker convertible. It was 1 of 1. It was in pieces, found in a barn. They were able to scround enough old parts to put it back together. Phil sent me some photos of the finished car at some show he was at. They had a $1 million dollar price tag on the unfinished car for the finished car then.
                My buddy from Hartford has a green Tucker and it is displayed in a small museum near Madison. I believe he told me the building used to be the old Kissel car manufacturing plant. I was hoping he could break it out in 09 for the Tour, but he just couldn't swing it. He said driving it is an experience in itself. We also have two in the Tallahassee Auto Museum down here in Fla. Well one is a movie car and my buddy says it is not one of the original Tuckers. Looks like one to me . . . with a roll cage.

Still hoping for a ride someday DTB

p.s. well, we did ride to dinner in a Darin. Sliding doors and all.
                DTB - RETIRED

Comment

Working...
                X