T56 Magnum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T56 Magnum

Were is the best place peoplehave found to buy one with the .50 6th gear? I have checked with so far Rpm trans / American powertrain / Keisler / D&D / and the Texas guy that is on Coral. I just posted in here since I check here more and I am in need for one before the tour

Re: T56 Magnum

Buckeye- I can't speak on behalf of the T56 6-Speed; however, with that being said, I ordered my TKO600 from Keisler and my experience with them is second to none. The sales department and technical department were some of the friendliest customer service reps that I have ever dealt with. Even when I had issues converting my car over to a manual, they were always willing to help me out. Keisler does have the T56, so I would not hesitate one bit to order from them.

Another issue that came up while on the PT, my master cylinder for the clutch started to leak. The cylinder is a Wilwood and come to find out, I installed it wrong on my clutch pedal, which wore out the o-rings inside of the cylinder. Even though that was a fault of my own, Keilser was willing to give me all brand new components to fix my car in order to finish the PT. When the tour stopped at Chattanooga last year, I went north to Knoxville to stop by Keisler. Not only did they give me extra parts, but insisted that they give me a complete tour of their facility, presented me with a plaque, and put my car in their monthly news magazine.

IMO, you won't find a better group of people to buy from..... ;)
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

Well I am waiting on a reply from them now so we will see. If they are close on price I may go with them.
      Anyone else?

Comment

Well I sent Keisler a Quote request on Subday and still nothing, Called today and had to leave a name and number and no call back yet..... At least American powertrain and rpm answered the phone or called me back

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye
          Well I sent Keisler a Quote request on Subday and still nothing, Called today and had to leave a name and number and no call back yet..... At least American powertrain and rpm answered the phone or called me back
          I know this doesn't make waiting any easier, but a very good close friend of mine is in the process of ordering a transmission from them, through me. With that being said, I sent an email to Jeff Kauffman, one of the sales reps, on the 3rd of Jan and I just received a response yesterday. The company is rather small, and they only have a handful of sales associates, so please be patient. They have been swamped with calls and quote requests, and I'm positive you will hear back from them.

If the person you talk to ends up being Jeff, mention my name and I'm sure he'll do everything he can to give you the best deal. His extension is 210. ;)
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

I agree, you can't go wrong with Keisler. They told me that they are swamped right now, and Bucky is right....Jeff is as good as they come. Patience will be rewarded!
            Oh, BTW, did we mention they are a long-time Power Tour sponsor?? ;D
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I have also dealt with Jeff and he was eager to meet my needs and also gave me a killer deal.

Comment

I hate to chine in on the thread, but Bucky...Would you know if a TKO600 would bolt up to a standard Ford toploader bell house with a manual linkage and 3 finger clutch?

Assuming I would just go with a new bell.

I really wish they would consider putting a kit together for non-Mustang guys.
                Ever priced a clutch pedal set for a 72-76 Torino? >
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76
                  I hate to chine in on the thread, but Bucky...Would you know if a TKO600 would bolt up to a standard Ford toploader bell house with a manual linkage and 3 finger clutch?

Assuming I would just go with a new bell.

I really wish they would consider putting a kit together for non-Mustang guys.
                  Ever priced a clutch pedal set for a 72-76 Torino? >
                  I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but I'll ask around and see what I can come up with. If anyone else might know, please don't hesitate to chime in.....
                  sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Elite have you driven a tko 600? Everyone I talk to hated the ones they have driven. It is generally said to be a good road race trans but sucks on the street.
                    and no it will no bolt up straight but they make a adapter plate to adapt the bolt pattern and use up some of the input shaft that is longer than the 4speed. (this is what is /was in my cougar with a t5. but the new motor will crush the t5 so ....

Comment

Elite have you driven a tko 600? Everyone I talk to hated the ones they have driven. It is generally said to be a good road race trans but sucks on the street.
                      and no it will no bolt up straight but they make a adapter plate to adapt the bolt pattern and use up some of the input shaft that is longer than the 4speed. (this is what is /was in my cougar with a t5. but the new motor will crush the t5 so ....
                      Hey Buckeye- Let me be the first to tell you that I LOVE my TKO600!! There are so many vendors out there that take the Tremec and change it, so I can't speak on everyones behalf, but Jade is a blast to drive!! ;) The shifts are smooth, there's no missing a gear when I go from 2nd to 3rd, and it feels a lot better than any 4-speed I've ever driven. Now with that being said, it's not quite as smooth as the 6-Speed that came in my 2002 SLP SS Camaro, but then again, my 02 SS didn't' have 468 cubic inches and 618 foot lbs of torque.... ;D
                      sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67
                        Hey Buckeye- Let me be the first to tell you that I LOVE my TKO600!! There are so many vendors out there that take the Tremec and change it, so I can't speak on everyones behalf, but Jade is a blast to drive!! ;) The shifts are smooth, there's no missing a gear when I go from 2nd to 3rd, and it feels a lot better than any 4-speed I've ever driven. Now with that being said, it's not quite as smooth as the 6-Speed that came in my 2002 SLP SS Camaro, but then again, my 02 SS didn't' have 468 cubic inches and 618 foot lbs of torque.... ;D
                        I'll be the second! I love my TKO-600. I have probably 30,000 miles on mine behind a big block Buick, and rear gears between 3.08's and 3.70's with a 26" tall tire.

Tremec makes a GM TKO and a Ford TKO, each has a different input shaft so they will bolt up to a stock bellhousings.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                        X