Evening Plans for Valdosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening Plans for Valdosa

Does anybody have ideas what they are going to do that night? I haven't seen many of you since the 1997 tour and would like an opportunity to catchup. Would the Freaks be willing find a place to have drinks or dinner as a group?
    2006 HRPT LH
    2007 HRPT LH
    2011 Valdosta Stop

Re: Evening Plans for Valdosa

Sounds good, Denise! Do you know of a good place to go?
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

97...comeon
      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

I am not familiar with that city. I just sent away for a visitor's packet this afternoon. I really don't care where we go as long as it's not a HOOTER'S. :P They are over priced and the quality of food is mediocre. I'll look online and see what's there and I have a connection with somebody who lives in Valdosta. Old Time's Buffet was a place I recommended in 2006 when the tour was in Perry GA. At the time my daughter was working there. Would the members here be interested in a buffet? There is an Old Time Buffet in Valdosta and the address is 1193 St. Augustine Road which seems pretty close to the hotels. It may have a private dining room where the Freaks can hang out, but I don't think they serve beer. So here is a link to what's available. I like the idea of Chili's because they do have good food and serve alcohol.

2006 HRPT LH
        2007 HRPT LH
        2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Hotel parking lot and pizza delivery would work. That way everyone can bring their own beverages Just an idea
          Donna
          Williamston, MI
          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Denise,
            I usually try to go to "non-chain" restraunts during tour, but I'll make an exception for you. Chllli's is close to my hotel. (Which hotel are you staying at?" ;D)
            Non-denominational car nut.
            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
            Do you go all the way?

Comment

Redragtop's idea sounds pretty good! Wouldn't matter how noisy we got!!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I don't have a hotel room yet. I pm'd Rexxdog about the room he may not need. We'll see how that goes.

Charles I'm with you. I would prefer going some place where the locals go, but never having been to Valdosta myself, I have no clue where to go so I posted some options. Pizza and beer in a parking lot is cool with me but it's always hot and humid in GA and may be really uncomfortable being outside for some folks. Hmm. Just wondering if any of the hotels has a meeting room we can use free for the evening?
                2006 HRPT LH
                2007 HRPT LH
                2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

: : Ok lets try this again.Beer Parking Lot and wine for Terri. Got it ???
                  Danny/Zachary
                  HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

She can do that. ;D
                    2006 HRPT LH
                    2007 HRPT LH
                    2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

I like Mike's idea also.We don't get back to the hotels until 7-8pm and it is somewhat cooler by then. And we won't have to drive after drinking..You can bring what you like and we don't have to try and set up anything with anyone..Just a thought..
                      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Ok, the suggestion is on the table. Lets hear other opinions.
                        2006 HRPT LH
                        2007 HRPT LH
                        2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

I am up for pizza in a lot...i didn't get a chance to hang with all you guys last year in bowlling green at the BBQ...that was the night dad was in the hospital...so getting everyone together at some point would be great... my goal this year is to hang out as much as possible....didn't really do any of that last year....

and also with pizza in a lot...if there are late comers we can always order more pizza...i will be where ever the party is...just can't pack much booze... will have to by it daily along the way..trunk of the fiero is a little small and will have 2 people packed for 11 days in it.

From the pictures looks like the holdiay inn and HIE in valdosta have overhangs just incase we get bad weather we can all be covered...
                          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Most places were pretty good about letting us take over their breakfast rooms, or lobbys, in New Orleans we brought our coolers and lawn chairs in the lobby.
                            Donna
                            Williamston, MI
                            Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Look out world. The Freaks are coming. lol.
                              2006 HRPT LH
                              2007 HRPT LH
                              2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Working...
                              X