New member from TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from TN

Hi. My name is Travis, and I am from Clarksville TN. 2011 will be my second Long Haul. We did it in 2009. Couldn't do the 2010 due to a deployment to Afghanistan (still here till May). We had a great time on the last one, but I thought it would be cool to "meet" some people before we went again. My camaro board is great, but it seems like you guys have a lot more "Tourers" over here. This time it will be me and my 2 sons, and my Dad. My wife can't come because she will be in school. It would be great to meet up with a group that is heading to Florida, we are leaving on the 2nd, and plan to stop somewhere along the way overnight, and arrive on the 4th. We will be taking my 71 camaro for sure, and maybe my Dad's 05 GTO. Looking forward to getting to know some fellow car nuts.

Re: New member from TN

Travis, Welcome and a HUGE thank you for your service!! Please ask any questions and surf the other threads here. You will see that we will be doing lots of "extra" events. Would love to have you join us for the VA Home visit Friday the 3rd. I will be posting more details as far as the location and time soon.

Linda 8)

Comment

Yes - like Linda said, welcome aboard and THANK YOU for serving our country Travis.
      Let me be the first to welcome you and your dad to my cooler if the timing and the urge are correct.
      I'm sure Bill Dunphy (retired AF) in his second Gen Camaro will be glad to hear you're joining up too.
      Take care - see you in June.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

welcome aboard the nut ship ;D
        you will find that we like to have a good time.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Hi Travis!! Thanks from me also for your service! You'll meet some great people here, they're even better in person!!! And don't pay any attention to Cobra, we're not nuts, just slightly deranged!!!

What will your route be to Florida? We live in southwest Virginia, maybe we could meet somewhere along the way and travel together!
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Hey Travis welcome to the madness and many thanks for your service.

BTW, don't judge me by the pics of the "daisy dukes"! ;D
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Welcome along Travis, you will find a lot of great people here.
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

: : Welcome Travis from one vet to another..U S Navy 65 to71 . Son in law was in Irac in 09 also .hanks for your service. :
                Danny/Zachary
                HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. My dad was Air Force, and I am Army (18.5yrs now). Our route will be from the Nashville to Florida, pretty much just planning on doing the shortest route according to Mapquest. Planning to head out on the 2nd and drive till we get tired, trying to get as close as possible to FL. Not pushing hard, trying to take it easy and make it pleasant. Same thing we did in 09.

Comment

Welcome aboard Travis! No tin foil hat needed, rubber boots are suggested though :D.
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Welcome along Travis!! As Matt said....you will definately need rubber boots!! :D
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17
                      "Stay thirsty my friends"
                      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

OK, so I get from the suggestions that everyone is not crazy, just full of s**t. Got my boots on. Thanks.

Comment

Some are both -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

??? I can relate to that remark ???
                            Danny/Zachary
                            HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

Welcome! I lived in Clarksville as a toddler when my Dad was in the 101st. I still pass through there time to time to visit family. We even got stuck there one year on Christmas Eve and Day due to a snowstorm that shutdown I-24. Hope to see you on tour this year.
                              Powertour off/on since 2002
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X