Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know of some good side trips along the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Know of some good side trips along the way?

Yeah, I just looked up the time... It would take 6+ hours just to drive from LR + George Ray's + Springfield as opposed to 4 hours to go from LR to Springfield. I guess I will just hit Dick Clarks '57 Museum in Branson. There is Alot to see/do in Branson. Especially if you are into shows ect... There is also Silver dollar city there. Lots of good places to eat in Branson as well.

Comment

The wife and I are arriving in LR a day early and plan on taking a side trip to the diamond mine about 2 hrs west of LR. Maybe we can finance the tour if we find a nice gem

Comment

Where are the diamond mines? I have heard about them but never really knew where they where. We saw something on the travel channel awhile about and they said some people really do find big diamonds.
        Donna
        Williamston, MI
        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

craterofdiamondsstatepark.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, craterofdiamondsstatepark.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Could well be intrested in this, might use the saturday morning to take a run down seeing as there is no driving this day

Comment

for not having any driving on Saturday there sure seemed like there was plenty to do. Visiting sponsers and chatting with people from last years tour. I know i was tired at the end of the day. Not tired enough to pass up cocktail hour at the hotel.

Comment

Thanks for the link, looks like it might be a pretty cool thing to go check out.
                Donna
                Williamston, MI
                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

That place looks cool. Might have to check it out. If not during the tour maybe some other time in my summer off. ;D (High school Auto Instructor) ;D

Comment

Any one know of some gun ranges that have guns for hire? Us brits dont get hand guns and riffles so if we could find some place to stop and fire of a couple of rounds it would totaly rock

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
                      Any one know of some gun ranges that have guns for hire? Us brits dont get hand guns and riffles so if we could find some place to stop and fire of a couple of rounds it would totaly rock

NO GUNS!!!! Man that really sucks!!! I guess that would keep the honest people honest, but if you are a law breaker what is stopping you from using one on an unarmed HONEST citizen? Where are you from again? There are PLENTY of indoor and outdoor shooting ranges in this area of the country, however, all that I know of require a FOID card. (Firearms Owner Identification card) You get it by being a resident in that state and having a background check done. So I don't think you will be unable to partake unless you go with someone that has a foid card or go on someones property that owns a gun and will let you shoot. The tour isn't close to my house or I would let you blast a few of my shotguns/handguns/rifles. Sorry. ???

Comment

Yup criminals have guns, but law abiding citizens cant, well you can have a riffle up to .22 caliber but the background checks are insane and it has to be kept at a gun club and very rare you can keep it at home in a gun safe. Even shotgun has become harder to get a license for. No handguns at all

We are in the UK so no chance of a FOID for us. I have fired guns when in vegas at a gun store but i guess the laws in nevada are relaxed

Comment

Yup criminals have guns, but law abiding citizens cant, well you can have a riffle up to .22 caliber but the background checks are insane and it has to be kept at a gun club and very rare you can keep it at home in a gun safe. Even shotgun has become harder to get a license for. No handguns at all

We are in the UK so no chance of a FOID for us. I have fired guns when in vegas at a gun store but i guess the laws in nevada are relaxed
                          Laws could be that way in some of the states we pass through as well but I am not sure. I will be checking the laws, but I will most likely have my one of my pistols along for the ride. I imagine alot of people will as well. Most states you can have your gun as long as it is not loaded while driving and stored in a safe manner. I never knew how it was in the UK. Man just goes to show me how much I take for granted. My grand father gave me a .22 rifle when I was 7 years old. Shot under supervision of course. He collected guns and when he past away he left me his 64 gun collection, most of which had never been fired. Since then I am now up to 72. I have two large gun safes in my basement and I go shooting quite often. I feel for you. I would go insane. :-\

Comment

Originally posted by BURN_M

Laws could be that way in some of the states we pass through as well but I am not sure. I will be checking the laws, but I will most likely have my one of my pistols along for the ride. I imagine alot of people will as well. Most states you can have your gun as long as it is not loaded while driving and stored in a safe manner. I never knew how it was in the UK. Man just goes to show me how much I take for granted. My grand father gave me a .22 rifle when I was 7 years old. Shot under supervision of course. He collected guns and when he past away he left me his 64 gun collection, most of which had never been fired. Since then I am now up to 72. I have two large gun safes in my basement and I go shooting quite often. I feel for you. I would go insane. :-\
                            Man, I know who I want on my side incase of a shoot out! ;D I was a police officer for 10yrs, and I don't have that many guns. I have one S&W 40cal, S&W 9mm, S&W 45, and a Barretta 25.
                            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I have airrifles over here both .22 amd .25 as you dont need a license for them. I also used to shoot skeet with the american service man who lived across the road from me when i was about 17. I was ion vegas a few years ago and we went up to a gun store with an indoor range and i fired M16 carbin, 9mm gloch and berreta, 357 magnum and a 44 man what an afternoon. The guys coming with me ahve only ever shot shotgun once so they would love to be able to fire off a few rounds

Comment

Just come down the highway a ways solctice and bring some ammo. ;D Another family member has a bunch as well. He has a couple AK's an AR-15, 10 ga. double barrel ect... The baddest is the single shot .50 cal sniper rifle. OH MOMMA that is some fun!!! At about $3.00 a shot....IT BETTER BE FUN ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X