Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know of some good side trips along the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Know of some good side trips along the way?

WOW where is the 50cal located, i would drive all night to get my hands on that

Comment

About 40 miles outside of St.louis mo. in Illinois But we drive another 20 miles to shoot it. There are not too many places you can shoot a gun like that. ;)

Comment

Hmmm we are heading back down to St louis on the sunday to return my car to my buddy so he can store it untill next year. We have tickets for the cardinals game but if a detour could be made im sure the guys would pass up the chance to fir the grand daddy of them all

Comment

Hi all,

There is a thread titled "Guns" in the General Discussion section if you are interested.

8)

Comment

We may be able to work that out. How many are in your group? I'll have to let him know to see if he is willing to do it. He's usually pretty cool about that kind of stuff though.

Comment

Cool! thanks monster ;)

Comment

Just 4 of us, we would help out with the costs for sure even if its just beer

Comment

Sent you a Private message ......I will ask and keep you posted.

Comment

Thanks, its true that car guys and gals are the friendliest people you will ever meet

Comment

Guys I will try to help with some info on good eating places according to the Food Network......I will cross reference the stop cities on the "Power Trip"(lol) with the Food Network. Here is the first one:

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10
                        Guys I will try to help with some info on good eating places according to the Food Network......I will cross reference the stop cities on the "Power Trip"(lol) with the Food Network. Here is the first one:

Here are some places listed from our friend Guy (Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives):

Brint's Diner
                        4834 E. Lincoln Street
                        Wichita, KS 67218
                        Tel: (316) 684-0290

Cafe on the Route
                        1101 Military Ave.
                        Baxter Springs, KS 66713
                        Tel: (620) 856-5646

BBQ Shack
                        705 N. Pearl St.
                        Paola, KS 66071

Grinder's
                        417 E. 18th St.
                        Kansas City, MO 64108
                        Tel: (816) 472-5454

39th Street Mama's
                        3906 Waddell St.
                        Kansas City, MO 64111
                        Tel: (816) 531-6422

YJ's Snack Bar
                        128 W. 18th St.
                        Kansas City, KS 64108
                        Tel: (816) 472-5533

Al's Breakfast
                        413 14th Ave. S.E.
                        Minneapolis, MN 55414
                        Tel: (612) 331-9991

Psycho Suzie's Motor Lounge
                        2519 Marshall St. NE
                        Minneapolis , MN 55418
                        Tel: (612) 788-9069

The Nook
                        492 Hamline Ave. S.
                        St. Paul, MN 55116
                        Tel: (651) 698-4347

Franks Diner
                        508 58th St.
                        Kenosha, WI 53140
                        Tel: (262) 657-1017

Here's the link to the Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". Those of you from the 2005 Power Trip should remember Guy as the emcee at the stops on stage. If any forum members can vouch for & or tell us if any of these can be feasable stops during the tour please let us know.

I hope this helps in some way.............later guys & gals.

Comment

Now here is a link to Rachel Ray's show visit to Little Rock, AK:

Comment

Now here is a link to Rachel Ray's show visit to Minneapolis/ St. Paul, MN:

Comment

I've never heard of the Nook in St Paul, but it is at least 75 miles from Rochester. Kind of a long way to drive just to eat. Rochester has plenty of good places to eat, in all price ranges

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
                                Originally posted by LadyGT
                                Wheat/corn fields anybody? lol. ;D

Hasn't anybody taken the time to get any tourist books for each venue? Too bad Cheaps and I are not coordinating again this year. ;)
                                Apparently not....and it's too bad that you and cheaps aren't on the tour this year; to be honest, and this might sound silly, if I were an exec with Hotrod, I would hire you and cheaps as paid consultants/coordinators for the Power Tour; all expenses paid, salaried, arranging and organizing various events, etc., etc.....but then again, maybe that's why HR (the mag) seems to be in trouble......
                                Thank you for the compliment. Traveling is something I don't get to do much of so when I do have the opportunity, I try to get the most out of it. Doing research last year on each venue of the tour was an educational experience for me. I had a lot of fun doing it with Linda as well.

I would be willing to do it again sometime in the future. After seeing how things are done for the 3rd year and the commitment among the forum freaks, I would seriously look into the idea of blocking rooms like I originally planned last year. When I came up with this idea last year, I didn't know too many people very well and was afraid I would be liable for the rooms. Now that Bob is keeping a tally of freaks and long haulers, I see my fear was unjustified.

Note: I counted 30+ forum freaks that I knew of who are truly committed to doing the long haul annually. I think that the minimum of room blocking is 25. So next year I may look into that for you, if I go or not.
                                2006 HRPT LH
                                2007 HRPT LH
                                2011 Valdosta Stop

Comment

Working...
                                X