Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know of some good side trips along the way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Know of some good side trips along the way?

Lambert's cafe is a must. Look in the eating thread.

Oooops, looks like the page you requested could not be found. Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
      Just 4 of us, we would help out with the costs for sure even if its just beer
      i hope the beer is for after you get done shooting. when i have people over my house to shoot, the rule is "no beer till the shooting is done". too many bad things happen otherwise. i'm pretty laid back, but i take this subject pretty serious.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

The beer was to trade for ammo, i dont drink at all and agree that guns and alchol dont mix at all

Comment

Originally posted by a-body2
          I've never heard of the Nook in St Paul, but it is at least 75 miles from Rochester. Kind of a long way to drive just to eat. Rochester has plenty of good places to eat, in all price ranges
          i have a factory i rep, in st. paul and will be heading up there anyway, so i'll have to check it out
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I stopped at Lamberts one time because I heard it was so good. There was a 2 hour wait to get seated, and it wasn't even during the main lunch times. We went somewhere else.

Comment

Yeah it is very busy ALL the time. There is also a reason for that. IT'S GOOOOOOOOOOOD Stuff!!

Comment

The beer was to trade for ammo, i dont drink at all and agree that guns and alchol dont mix at all
                Oh c'mon you don't want to get about a case of beer in each of us and then go shoot a gun that will easily blow your limbs off!!! where is your sense of adventure???? Just kidding. The beer is for AFTER all shooting is done and guns are put away. I have two kids, a lovely wife and 13 cars (6 are drivable). Trust me I have PLENTY to live for.

Comment

I stopped at Lamberts one time because I heard it was so good. There was a 2 hour wait to get seated, and it wasn't even during the main lunch times. We went somewhere else.
                  Doesn't matter what time of day you stop at Lambert's... There is always a wait... Really good food if you have the time...

Comment

Originally posted by stillkruzn
                    Doesn't matter what time of day you stop at Lambert's... There is always a wait... Really good food if you have the time...
                    I think the original Lambert's is in Sikeston, MO, in case any of you coming down from the upper midwest are interested in a worthwhile detour.... but for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of dining at Lamberts, when they holler 'who wants a roll?', and you can't help but look at the guy...be ready, it's comin' your way!!;D
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

My wife's parents live in Greenfield (45 minutes north of Springfield). I've been to the Bass Pro Shops and Dick Clark's Museum. You'll have a blast at the museum. There's all kinds of stuff to do there in Branson. Too many things to list on here. If you have kids (or are a kid at heart), go to Silver Dollar City. It's a real nice amusement park.

Be forewarned. You're going to see lots of old cars in Missouri that you're going to want to take home with you! 8)

Comment

Yup and the majority will be complete junk like the 59 impala my buddy went to look at for me that was rusted all the way around the middle of the car. But then again you can get lucky like i did with the 62 catalina that is almost perfect and cost $3200. Cant wait to get into the USA and finaly see what i own lol

Comment

Yup and the majority will be complete junk like the 59 impala my buddy went to look at for me that was rusted all the way around the middle of the car. But then again you can get lucky like i did with the 62 catalina that is almost perfect and cost $3200.
                          Most of the stuff I saw was pretty rust free (aside from som surface rust). Saw a 40 Ford truck for sale on my way to the in-laws back in 2005 for 2500 bucks. Wish I'd have bought the damn thing...

Comment

[quote=HillbillySailor ]
                            Saw a 40 Ford truck for sale on my way to the in-laws back in 2005 for 2500 bucks. Wish I'd have bought the damn thing...
                            Now that would have been a very cool project (better than the Exploder anyhow) !!

;D

Comment

[quote=White Monster ]
                              Originally posted by HillbillySailor
                              Saw a 40 Ford truck for sale on my way to the in-laws back in 2005 for 2500 bucks. Wish I'd have bought the damn thing...
                              Now that would have been a very cool project (better than the Exploder anyhow) !!

;D
                              I will be surprised if there aren't many 'for sale' vehicles parked along the route......I'd would park one in view of all you guys driving by, kind of a drive-thru swap meet.. ;)
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Drive thru swap meet.....now theres an idea!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X