Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Chicagoans Doin' the Long Haul?

Hi all,

This is my first post. I'm a long haul noob this year with my 77 amx. Looking for anybody leaving from Chicago (or the surrounding area) that would like to caravan down to Little Rock. Will be leaving Friday AM, and may go all the way thru, depending on if there is anybody else. Lookin' forward to it - we did the Wisconsin - Evansville,IN leg last year and had a blast!

Dan

Re: Any Chicagoans Doin' the Long Haul?

Not really a "Chicagoan" but I will be doing the long haul from collinsville il. Depending on what way you are planning to get to Little Rock you might pass by. I will be leaving out Friday and going all the way. Are you coming down 55 or 57? I live close and depending on the time frame we could meet up. I will be taking my '72 Dart.

Comment

Not from Chitown, but passin thru on Wed & headin down 57. Plan to be in LR on thur so I can go to the VA cruise.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

VA Cruise?

Comment

Originally posted by BURN_M
          VA Cruise?
          Last year, on the Friday before the Saturday start to the Tour, 1 cheapstreet (Linda) organized a cruise to the local VA hospital, to spend some time with the vets and bring the cars. I had planned on going, but my daughter gave birth a few days before, so I had to delay my travel to Cleveland by one day.
          At any rate, this year, there's some talk about doing another "VA cruise", this time to one of the VA hospitals in the Little Rock area, on the Friday before the start of the tour; so....there's some of us planning on getting into LR by Thursday, so we can do the VA cruise on Friday. Cheaps, I think, is only doing a couple of the stops on the PT this year, but she is working behind the scenes to try and organize the Friday VA cruise.....

Comment

Will be leaving from misouri south of st louis friday morning so of you guys can give somer idea of times tc im sure we could caravan down with you, we were thinking about a brief stop at memphis as we have to drive past it. We are leaving around mile marker 99 on I55

Comment

I'm leaving Chicago with atleast 5 or 6 guys in my Caravan, you are more then welcome to come along! The more the merrier!

Ryan
              Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
              www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

VA Cruise?
                It is in the works. Once the details are settled a new thread will be created with the info & to get a head count.
                Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I need to make a few phone calls tonight and try to get details worked out with everyone and then I will be able to make some descisions. It'll be nice to have a few other cars along for the drive to LR. 8)

Comment

I live in Staunton Ill, right off of 55. Not sure if we are leaving Friday, but will be leaving early Sat. going down 55.
                    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

No Sh$%!! I am from Collinsville IL. We are going to leave Friday. If you can be talked into it love to have you along.

Comment

No Sh$%!! I am from Collinsville IL. We are going to leave Friday. If you can be talked into it love to have you along.
                        I will have to see, my brother-in-law and his brother will be going too. They are from St. Jacobs. We didn't reserve a room for Friday, and it might be kind of late now.
                        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I may have an extra room I will have to check with the wife. I'll let you know.

Comment

If you guys are coming down 55 we are staying at fruitland which is mile marker 129 i think wold be happy to join you guys

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
                              If you guys are coming down 55 we are staying at fruitland which is mile marker 129 i think wold be happy to join you guys
                              WOW Chief - I didn't realize you guys where going to Little Rock through California :

See, I can be equally incorrect with California as I am with New Jersey and for the record - I AM a SoCal native. Those wonderfully smoggy days in Riverside must have caused some long term brain damage oh so many years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X