Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any Chicagoans Doin' the Long Haul?

lol i keep forgeting you guys use the same names for multiple places

We will be at fruitland, mo which is south of st louis on mile marker 105 I55

Comment

My friends still don't know which way they are going to take to LR. I am open to leave about anytime on friday. ???

Comment

Originally posted by Devil
        I'm leaving Chicago with atleast 5 or 6 guys in my Caravan, you are more then welcome to come along! The more the merrier!

Ryan

Your taking a MINIVAN???? Just kidding just had to with the way that sounds!! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw57
          I'm leaving Chicago with atleast 5 or 6 guys in my Caravan, you are more then welcome to come along! The more the merrier!

Ryan

Your taking a MINIVAN???? Just kidding just had to with the way that sounds!! ;D
          You will most likely see several minivans on pt.
          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

After wrenching on the car all weekend.... I don't think I'll have it done for the tour!.... argh... time for the Caprice....ugh

Ryan
            Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
            www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

After wrenching on the car all weekend.... I don't think I'll have it done for the tour!.... argh... time for the Caprice....ugh

Ryan
              Don't give up man!!! The last three power tours we were working on the cars up until the time we left. LITERALLY 2-6 in the morning the day we left. It just depends on how bad you want it and what you are willing to do to get it. This is the first year my Power Tour vehicle will have Some miles on it before we leave. Every other year the PT served as the vehicles "Shake Down" / "Break Down" run. ;D

But then again if you have something else to drive on the tour it makes it easier to give in/ give up. That sounds like I am calling you a quiter, but please don't take it that way. I was going to thrash to finish My father-in-laws Belvedere but I didn't want to compromise quality for time. So I know where you are probably coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by BURN_M

Ryan
                Don't give up man!!! The last three power tours we were working on the cars up until the time we left. LITERALLY 2-6 in the morning the day we left. It just depends on how bad you want it and what you are willing to do to get it. This is the first year my Power Tour vehicle will have Some miles on it before we leave. Every other year the PT served as the vehicles "Shake Down" / "Break Down" run. ;D

But then again if you have something else to drive on the tour it makes it easier to give in/ give up. That sounds like I am calling you a quiter, but please don't take it that way. I was going to thrash to finish My father-in-laws Belvedere but I didn't want to compromise quality for time. So I know where you are probably coming from.
                I'm going to try my best to finish the old girl on time. But with parts missing (was in pieces when I got it) and other stuff still MIA, every step forward leads to another phone call to get parts! I might go broke before the tour just getting the car ready.

We shall see, I'm gonna work on it next weekend when I return home, and see what I can accomplish.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Ryan

Comment

I'm going to try my best to finish the old girl on time. But with parts missing (was in pieces when I got it) and other stuff still MIA, every step forward leads to another phone call to get parts! I might go broke before the tour just getting the car ready.

We shall see, I'm gonna work on it next weekend when I return home, and see what I can accomplish.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Ryan
                  We're all cheering you on - perhaps lady luck will drop by to help with the MIA parts - wished I lived near Chi-town to lend you a hand
                  a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment. I had a real loss of focus after the events of 2/14/08. Just now getting back on track!

Thanks again

Ryan

Comment

i will be leaving in the morning driving the blue HHR SS but were can we all meet

Comment

So far this is what I've come up with.

I "plan" on leaving with some of the other haulers from the Chicago area around 7am.

The "plan" is to take I-57 south.

I'm trying to coordinate a meeting place along I-57 outside Chicago for a few more haulers to join us.

Any Oasis's or anything out that way?

Ryan

Comment

Hows the progress? Any update.

Comment

I actually live an hour and a half away from the car. I will return to it on Saturday and work all sunday on it. Hopefully it is nice!

Ryan

Comment

So far this is what I've come up with.

I "plan" on leaving with some of the other haulers from the Chicago area around 7am.

The "plan" is to take I-57 south.

I'm trying to coordinate a meeting place along I-57 outside Chicago for a few more haulers to join us.

Any Oasis's or anything out that way?

Ryan
                              theres a big truck stop on monee manhatten road exit on 57

Comment

That might work. I'm going to look into it.

I got nothing done on the Challenger this weekend sadly. I have all of May to get it done.... wanna take bets if I make it?!?!?!

Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                X