Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BS Forum Freaks Bucket List Removal Cruise 2012----?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BS Forum Freaks Bucket List Removal Cruise 2012----?

Yep, I have their number. Most hotels won't take any reservations more then a year in advance. Will check it out this year while we are there and see if we can talk to someone. I found two others also along Woodward. None of them will be the Holiday Inn's but they will be on Woodward

There are other places real close we could all also stay, depends on if people want to stay in the chain hotels or the ones like the Palms Motel. I just made reservations this year for Friday night at a HIE on Northwestern Ave in Southfield. Last couple years we have drove back home on Friday night so might stay there this year.

Rex, where do you usually stay, the HIE on Woodward had no rooms available.

Donna
    Donna
    Williamston, MI
    Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Earlier someone mentioned Pikes Peak...was that for the races or just to drive it?
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GTpilot88
        Earlier someone mentioned Pikes Peak...was that for the races or just to drive it?
        I have always wanted to race Pike's peak but at this stage I don't see that happening. Are you allowed to drive all the way to the top (dirt) on non-race days?

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop
          Yep, I have their number. Most hotels won't take any reservations more then a year in advance. Will check it out this year while we are there and see if we can talk to someone. I found two others also along Woodward. None of them will be the Holiday Inn's but they will be on Woodward

There are other places real close we could all also stay, depends on if people want to stay in the chain hotels or the ones like the Palms Motel. I just made reservations this year for Friday night at a HIE on Northwestern Ave in Southfield. Last couple years we have drove back home on Friday night so might stay there this year.

Rex, where do you usually stay, the HIE on Woodward had no rooms available.

Donna
          the past couple of years, I've stayed at a Marriott in Troy, MI; only about ten minutes off of Woodward, multi-story parking garage (came in handy last year, when some bad weather came through); it's on Big Beaver Road :o (the HEI and the Radisson usually fill up for the next year, right after that year's cruise).... rexx

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
            it's on Big Beaver Road
            Exit 69, if I remember correctly! :o ;D
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
              I have always wanted to race Pike's peak but at this stage I don't see that happening. Are you allowed to drive all the way to the top (dirt) on non-race days?
              I drove to the summit in a Corvair Spyder in 1966.......as far as I know the gift shop at the top is still open and driving is allowed when the road isn't blocked by snow.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                I drove to the summit in a Corvair Spyder in 1966.......as far as I know the gift shop at the top is still open and driving is allowed when the road isn't blocked by snow.
                Yep, pretty cool drive to the top, we also have taken the Cog Train, the gift store is still at the top, they still serve donuts (the only donuts that will rise @ 14110 feet). The first time to drive is a bit unnerving as there are few guard rails. The dumb part is the road is plenty wide and little danger of driving off, just really strange the first time. The road is mostly paved with some gravel mostly towards the top. About 1/2 way down their is a check point to measure the temperature of your brakes. If they are too hot you will need to pull over for a while to cool down.
                Go north from Evergreen Colorado near Idaho Springs. Drive up Mount Evans.....WOW, Narrow no guard rails. I believe it is the highest motor road in the nation??
                200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 200WINS
                  Originally posted by oletrux4evr
                  Yep, pretty cool drive to the top, we also have taken the Cog Train, the gift store is still at the top, they still serve donuts (the only donuts that will rise @ 14110 feet). The first time to drive is a bit unnerving as there are few guard rails. The dumb part is the road is plenty wide and little danger of driving off, just really strange the first time. The road is mostly paved with some gravel mostly towards the top. About 1/2 way down their is a check point to measure the temperature of your brakes. If they are too hot you will need to pull over for a while to cool down.
                  Go north from Evergreen Colorado near Idaho Springs. Drive up Mount Evans.....WOW, Narrow no guard rails. I believe it is the highest motor road in the nation??
                  As of 5 years ago the road was being paved all the way to the top.

I am all in for Pikes and Evans (highest paved road in america) in the same trip...done them a couple of times each....When ever that comes up i am there ... mom lives in Denver so i can visit at the same time!

Also a nice drive out there is Trail Ridge Road (Paved) / Old Fall River (unpaved) in Rocky Mountain National Park!

Pikes!

Evans Watch out for the wildlife they will come right up to the car!

Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

If you guys want to come to Colorado, let me know and Bamfster and I can put together something. Keep in mind that carbs would need to be adjusted for the altitude. :P

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                      If you guys want to come to Colorado, let me know and Bamfster and I can put together something. Keep in mind that carbs would need to be adjusted for the altitude. :P

Linda 8)
                      mark one up for fuel injection
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                        Originally posted by 1cheapstreet

Linda 8)
                        mark one up for fuel injection
                        What a bunch of poodle skirts!

Pull the hood off the thing - install "adjust a jet" metering blocks and have a diminutive tuner sit on the fender and adjust the combo on the way up!

Comment

For Woodward 2012

maybe two hotels ? one on woodward for Friday Saturday?
                          other for tues-thrusday

i assume everyone will be getting in town on different days
                          I will get in town with Cobra and Cstmwgn

Do the Hotels set the number of days you need to stay?

Bob

2013 Pikes Peak seems doable: where is Pikes Peak

open for suggestions
                          Bucket List Driving Material: end to end Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, Bonneville, US 1 San Diego to Seattle, US Nationals,
                          Cruise the Coast, Mt Washington, Route 66?

Comment

Bob, someday I would like to come to New York and tour through upstate (never been east of Dayton OH).
                            Maybe you could add the Black Hills of South Dakota, I could be your guide 8)
                            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Bob, 2013 Pikes Peak sounds great. Would love to have the freaks coming to beautiful Colorado! :-*

Linda 8)

Comment

2013 what month?

what month works best for everyone to keep this cruise moving in years to come
                                Sept, Oct, August for me

I would love to have a cruise in NY

Try the North East Rod Run

Comment

Working...
                                X