Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone you never met before helped you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone you never met before helped you?

Scott- Call me crazy, but I'm willing to bet that we weren't the first, nor will we be the last ones that Matt helps out like this. I can't wait to see how the Fiero turns out!
    sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
    - George Orwell

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! Just doing what I love to do....... ;) Just goes to show, there is good everywhere, somtimes it shows up when you least expect it!
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

You all have your opinion of Matt. Let me tell you. Last year we met on HR's forum and I had posted about rebuilding the 71 Nova for my youngest son who is in the Air Force in Japan and has made many trips to Iraq. I was looking for a used set of disc brake spindles and cailper brackets for the car and Matt said that he had a couple of Nova parts cars that he would get a set from. I asked him how much he would take for the set and he said he would donate them becuase they were going on the car for a service member. Well, It wasn't too long and the UPS man dropped off a box at my front door and when I opened it I thought that was going to drop over. He did not send me a used set. Eveything in the box was new. Spindles, bearings, caliper brackets, dust shields and all of the hardware. I immediately called him and thanked him. I could not believe what he had done. I thought that was great and what a great person he is We continuted to exchange e-mails and he let me in on a project that he was working on and was looking for some parts. I just happened to find a bunch of the parts he was looking for and he and Tina drove down here and picked them up. About a month later we drove to Indiana to visit them and that's when we also met Bucky in person. Small world because Bucky is originally from the area where we live and we know a lot of the people that he knows. If Matt yelled for help tomorrow, He knows that I would come running. You will not meet a finer person!!!!
        Jim & Maureen
        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

I second every thing that you said Jim. And speaking of our trip to Indiana last year, we need to link up for another weekend before the PT kicks off. You and Maureen have anything up your sleeves?!?! ;)
          sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
          - George Orwell

Comment

I Third what Jim and Bucky is saying...as long as the Fiero comes out good....but i know it will,

Would love to meet u Bucky...we were at the same Hooters last year in Hoover...but never ran into you and Matt hope to be able to spend more time with you guys this year...
            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

We don't have a date set yet but we do intend to go to Indiana and meet with Matt and Tina for a day or two. We were thinking about meeting in Terre Haute.
              Jim & Maureen
              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed
                We don't have a date set yet but we do intend to go to Indiana and meet with Matt and Tina for a day or two. We were thinking about meeting in Terre Haute.

During a weekend when the World of Outlaws are there?!?!!? After all, that is WHAT Terre Haute is famous for..... ;D
                sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67

During a weekend when the World of Outlaws are there?!?!!? After all, that is WHAT Terre Haute is famous for..... ;D
                  We all are going to have to get this show going....I'm missing you guy's!!! ;)
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by RAIV70Judge
                    Originally posted by Bucky67

We all are going to have to get this show going....I'm missing you guy's!!! ;)
                    Lets Roll Ya'll!!! ;D
                    sigpic

- George Orwell

Comment

My good friend pulled a guy in a conversion van out of a snowbank a couple years ago.

A week later, he found out the guy was suing him for damaging his running boards. He doesn't pull people out of snowbanks anymore. No good deed goes unpunished.
                      John
                      2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                      Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                      Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Working...
                      X